Stateroom

2 hours ago, Itfcgreat said:

We are about to book an ocean view room. Our options are deck 3 mid ship or a guaranteed room on deck 2 or 3 for around 150 dollars less. What’s the best room and deal to go with?

Take a look at the deck plans and look for what you think the worst cabin would be.  For me, it’s anything with white space (no cabin) above or below or next to-even across from my cabin.  The white space indicates free work/maintenance areas and can be a source of noise.  If you are satisfied with all the cabin locations on those decks go for it!

As you can see it is a 50% 50% call.  It depends on your likes and dislikes.  The GTY will be a room with an ocean view.  It might be on the middle of deck 3 or it might be in the bottom back of the ship next to the closet.  I have cruised enough I do not really care where my room is so I purchase a lot of GTY cabins.  The reason you would pick the GTY is because of the money saving.  Is $150 a lot to you?  I look at the $150 as two or three shore excursions or 10 drinks on the ship.  I would rather have the GTY and have money to pay for something else.  Many people do not want to be on the very front of the ship or the very bottom of the ship.  For them the $150 is not worth giving up the location of the room.  Now you have to look at your priorities.