Soda Package - refillable cup questions

We purchased the soda package and I'm not clear on if the cups will automatically be waiting in our room or if we can/have to pick it up from a different location.

If they are going to be in the room, how can we receive soda before our room is ready.  

The cup used to be waiting in your room. Instead, you can go to any bar with your set sail pass on embarkation and get a cup. Some ships will have a big table on deck 5 where they will give you the cups. Be advise that there are a couple of ships without Freestyle machines, so on those you won't receive a cup. Your set sail pass and seapass will have your package listed, so you can get soda from the bars as soon as you board. 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Does anyone know if let's say the cup gets dirty or yucky in some way during your cruise, will they allow you to turn it in for another? 

They clean pretty well. So, I don't understand why a dirty cup would need replacing. But when it comes to actually damaged cups, ymmv. I have seen them replace a broken cup, you have to bring it to guest services, and they check to make sure you have the package but may still charge you or say tough luck. 

On Oasis, there was a big table right in the middle of the Promenade set up to grab cups as soon as you board...but you CAN still get soda before you get to your room or without your cup at the bars if you just give them your name when you order.  The cups can be rinsed pretty easily in your room sink, we rinsed them, then propped them upside down on the lids on our bathroom counter to dry every night. 

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

On Oasis, there was a big table right in the middle of the Promenade set up to grab cups as soon as you board...but you CAN still get soda before you get to your room or without your cup at the bars if you just give them your name when you order.  The cups can be rinsed pretty easily in your room sink, we rinsed them, then propped them upside down on the lids on our bathroom counter to dry every night. 

Sometimes, I would find a soda machine that dispensed water (not all did, which was weird), and just run a little water to rinse it out, especially if I was changing flavors.  Otherwise - a quick rinse in the sink in the room 

17 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

They clean pretty well. So, I don't understand why a dirty cup would need replacing. But when it comes to actually damaged cups, ymmv. I have seen them replace a broken cup, you have to bring it to guest services, and they check to make sure you have the package but may still charge you or say tough luck. 

Also on Allure, I was able to exchange a broken cup.