Booking onboard things too early?

We have a cruise in October where we have almost everything onboard booked already. That is not too far out. We have Anthem booked 320 days out for February 2024. Does it make any sense to book anything this far out? There is a specialty lunch on embarkation day that I don't want to be shut from. That shouldn't sell out this far out right? Or you think just book it? Thanks for any advice. 

I've got everything booked for our June and September cruises and have been tracking the prices (well, I do that on everything). Some prices have been pretty static, but there are some excursions that are 25-40-50% higher than when I paid for them. Internet and beverage prices are much higher currently. Now, I am giving them my money way way out in advance, so that is the negative, but it is satisfying to see something I purchased for $75 now at $103 etc.. And I love knowing that I can always (up to 48ish hours before cruise) cancel any my purchases in the cruise planner.

Just think by also booking things early, you have paid. I love paying my stuff outright, not the fare because I can still earn interest on that, but excursions and CP items. There has yet to be a time where I wasn't happy, I brought my refreshment or dining package early. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Hey on a similar topic we are gonna do I've excursion on the Anthem cruise to Coco Cay. Just in Port Canaveral we want to take the kids to Cape Canaveral/NASA. The excursion is a bit expensive. Any suggestions? Maybe go on our own? 

The excursion includes transfers to the airport afterwards which is probably about a $25 - $30 value if you compare it to other shuttle services.  If you are flying out that same evening or night, then it may make sense because it would lower the effective cost from about $115 to $90 per person.  Tickets to get into NASA are about $75 for a day pass, meaning you are paying about a $15 premium booking through Royal -- worth it in my opinion because you don't have to worry about luggage as they will hold it on the bus for you, and you don't have to worry about getting an uber or lyft to get to NASA either.  However, if you already have plans to stay a day or two extra past the cruise, rent a car, and do other things, then I would book it separate and do it on your own.

17 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

The excursion includes transfers to the airport afterwards which is probably about a $25 - $30 value if you compare it to other shuttle services.  If you are flying out that same evening or night, then it may make sense because it would lower the effective cost from about $115 to $90 per person.  Tickets to get into NASA are about $75 for a day pass, meaning you are paying about a $15 premium booking through Royal -- worth it in my opinion because you don't have to worry about luggage as they will hold it on the bus for you, and you don't have to worry about getting an uber or lyft to get to NASA either.  However, if you already have plans to stay a day or two extra past the cruise, rent a car, and do other things, then I would book it separate and do it on your own.

Nah, it's the first port stop on our Coco Cay cruise from NJ on Anthem. Not flying out, just going to Kennedy Space center and back to the ship. If it's 75 bucks to get into Kennedy Space center then the excursion price isn't bad. Also guaranteed the ship will wait if we are late. Thanks for the info. 

19 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Nah, it's the first port stop on our Coco Cay cruise from NJ on Anthem. Not flying out, just going to Kennedy Space center and back to the ship. If it's 75 bucks to get into Kennedy Space center then the excursion price isn't bad. Also guaranteed the ship will wait if we are late. Thanks for the info. 

Sorry, I had assumed you were embarking and disembarking at Port Canaveral.  Last place you want to go on an excursion is to the airport, I am sure.  LOL

6 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Just keep watching it. I got that same excursion for $64 during the BF sale, which is  cheaper than the ticket price for KSC! We're less than 2 weeks out now and the current price in the planner is $139!