Power outlets

Dander

Hello, someone just posted today 04/03/2023 that they are on Allure of the Seas.  They stated that security is confiscating all power strips and external power adapters from passenger luggage.  They stated even the ones that are supposedly Royal approved.  Can anyone confirm this?  

17 hours ago, Dander said:

They stated even the ones that are supposedly Royal approved.  Can anyone confirm this?  

We don't believe there is such a thing as Royal approved power strips...We have seen sellers listing false advertisement as "CruiseLine approved".  

My advice is to put any usb banks or extension cord things in your carry-on.  We bring a regular extension cord (one just for a CPAP) and keep it in our carry-on and so far have been successful.   While I've never had trouble getting an extension cord from Royal, they are always 20-30 foot long thick industrial types that take over the entire room like an unwanted Anaconda.  Otherwise, we only bring a USB bank (also in our carry-on).

Correct.  Put it in your carry-on.  If they see a power strip, I believe they confiscate it.  Folks have had better luck with plug in chargers.  I have used mine with 3 usb-c and usb ports, with no problems.  Others are right though, you will not find anything in writing from RC stating any kind of power charger or adapter is ok.  Only those that folks have been able to get on board.

Pretty much anything with a cord on it is banned.  No matter what the sellers say.   Exceptions are hair dryer and curling irons.  We bring a power bank, a cube, we plug directly into outlet that adds more outlets.  No cords at all.   Like a USB universal  adapter. 

19 minutes ago, Linda R said:

Pretty much anything with a cord on it is banned.  No matter what the sellers say.   Exceptions are hair dryer and curling irons.  We bring a power bank, a cube, we plug directly into outlet that adds more outlets.  No cords at all.   Like a USB universal  adapter. 

that's a good way of putting it.  I see the above poster included some with cords.  Ours doesn't have a cord.

I think one thing is if it an extension cord.  In the pictures above, the top 2 are "USB chargers" and the 2 bottom ones are "extension cords" with USB outlets.  The difference being, they are designed to plug other electric devices into them. The bottom 2 (while many people swear by them) are not in compliance with their policy. We brought a 3-tap non-corded outlet and a 6 port charger which was plenty for us. 

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We had a device confiscated on OA last month.  No cord…just a plug-in multi-plug.  It was in our carry-on.  There are no rules. Anything and everything can be confiscated.

NCL messed with us. They said in one place that we could not bring an extension cord.  They asked us to fill out a special needs form so they could supply us with one for Mr. SpeedNoodles' CPAP, and then sent us an email at the same time that also said that they can not guarantee that they will be able to supply us with one and that we should bring one.  Geez, people, make up your mind already, lol.  

This is the original post from FB about this. She stated in the comments that they are suggesting multi USB blocks instead. They don’t care how many USB ports are on each block, but no multi regular outlet blocks. And yes, I’m aware she states it is “cruise approved” and that’s not accurate as RC doesn’t endorse or approve any specific charging block.

IMG_0094.jpeg