OBC ???

rjac

So, my brother in law will be cruising with us next year. He has an RC credit card and has amassed over 200,00 points with it. He is now in the enviable position of losing points because they are reaching their expiration dates. If he redeems these points now and applies them to his cruise next year, can he use those now to book on line spa, excursions, etc. now? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, rjac said:

So, my brother in law will be cruising with us next year. He has an RC credit card and has amassed over 200,00 points with it. He is now in the enviable position of losing points because they are reaching their expiration dates. If he redeems these points now and applies them to his cruise next year, can he use those now to book on line spa, excursions, etc. now? Thanks. 

When we redeemed our RC credit card points a few months ago, the on board credit did appear on our cruise planner page as available to use. However, they sometimes wait until 30 days before the sail date to actually process the redemption, so if you happen to catch a great cruise planner sale on a beverage package, excursion, etc. before the OBC shows up, you may to grab it and pay.

Allowing you to use OBC prior to sailing is a relatively new thing so we don't have a lot of experience to relate.

We have the RCI Visa and always redeem OBC points.  Only in the past few weeks has it prompted us to use our OBC to purchase anything prior to cruising so I suspect that even though the OBC is there, it does not become available for pre cruise purchase of services until a couple of weeks before sailing.  Just guessing....

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Allowing you to use OBC prior to sailing is a relatively new thing so we don't have a lot of experience to relate.

We have the RCI Visa and always redeem OBC points.  Only in the past few weeks has it prompted us to use our OBC to purchase anything prior to cruising so I suspect that even though the OBC is there, it does not become available for pre cruise purchase of services until a couple of weeks before sailing.  Just guessing....

Thanks WAAAY. 

1 hour ago, BillHoo said:

Where do I look on the Cruise Planner to check for OBC?  How long does it take to validate?  I just got the RCCL Visa and have not yet had a billing statement for it.  My cruise is toward the end of this month.

available-spend1-min.jpg?itok=-F2asZgF

17 hours ago, Skid said:

If I am not mistaken, only OBC from Royal Caribbean or the RC Visa will show up on cruise planner. OBC from travel agents or other third parties will usually not be available until the first or second cruise day.

Yes, exactly

On 5/31/2017 at 4:25 PM, Skid said:

If I am not mistaken, only OBC from Royal Caribbean or the RC Visa will show up on cruise planner. OBC from travel agents or other third parties will usually not be available until the first or second cruise day.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm glad Matt chimed in.