Cruising with differently abled drinkers

Bowen

If I go on a cruise with a friend of the family who will absolutely buy the beverage package because it makes sense for her drinking habits on vacation does that mean everyone in the room (adults) also have to buy the package? The answer to this question is the only thing preventing us from all booking together. I’m 2-3 drinks per day person, she’s someone who can really handle her alcohol. So me spending that additional $500 or so wouldn’t make sense, and I don’t want her to have to pay out of pocket for every drink because she can’t have the package if we don’t.

Edited to change the title so no one thinks I’m judging people who drink more than me. 

• Bowen changed the title to Cruising with differently abled drinkers

I'm of the mind that at 2-3 drinks per day it could still be beneficial.  Maybe trying one or two new things could be worked in on a few days.  Also you have specialty coffee's and other drinks that it helps defray the cost on, like grabbing bottled waters throughout the day.  You just have to remember it is not only alcohol that is covered, but that is where you get the greater "value".  Before making a decision, estimate all your potential drinks (Coffees, booze, soda, etc.) and then see what you estimate as your daily cost for comparison.

2 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

I'm of the mind that at 2-3 drinks per day it could still be beneficial.  Maybe trying one or two new things could be worked in on a few days.  Also you have specialty coffee's and other drinks that it helps defray the cost on, like grabbing bottled waters throughout the day.  You just have to remember it is not only alcohol that is covered, but that is where you get the greater "value".  Before making a decision, estimate all your potential drinks (Coffees, booze, soda, etc.) and then see what you estimate as your daily cost for comparison.

Yeah I’ve tried to figure out how to make it work, but I’m a Diamond so I use my coupons for drinks and I don’t drink soda, juice, specialty coffee. I had to lose bunch of weight about five years ago and in the process I just stopped enjoying anything but water and black coffee, and on cruises a few glasses of Prosecco. Part of a massive lifestyle change that I never went back to. I can drink water like it’s going of style, but the thought of soda or juice, or even cocktails, it’s unpleasant.

1 hour ago, Bowen said:

Yeah I’ve tried to figure out how to make it work, but I’m a Diamond so I use my coupons for drinks and I don’t drink soda, juice, specialty coffee. I had to lose bunch of weight about five years ago and in the process I just stopped enjoying anything but water and black coffee, and on cruises a few glasses of Prosecco. Part of a massive lifestyle change that I never went back to. I can drink water like it’s going of style, but the thought of soda or juice, or even cocktails, it’s unpleasant.

Congratulations! I'm jealous. 🥰

5 hours ago, Bowen said:

So yeah, a phone call is the way. They will still have you get the refreshment package, but it's still A LOT less than the deluxe. Not sure, but MAYBE you can talk them into letting you go all together if you explain the reasoning