Making daily payments on account on board the cruise

Magoody

We have 3 rooms booked with 8 people traveling in total on an upcoming cruise. My card is the one on file for charges for all 3 rooms since I booked the reservations. Can people in each of the rooms go to guest services daily and pay on their rooms account for the charges they made and use their own cash/card to make payment. I don’t want there  to be a whole lot of holds on my card because of so many people purchasing things from the other rooms. 

When you do the check-in info, you can add any card you want for onboard charges. Actually, unless you put your card on file the onboard charges, they won't be able to charge your card for anything. What I mean is regardless of the fact you paid for the rooms, doesn't mean that will be the card for all the onboard charges. 

20 hours ago, DoomSlayer said:

@smokeybanditis correct. Also, if it seems confusing in the app, you can go to guest services once on board and they can help with it. 

We have early boarding time of 10:30 so I think I will go straight to guest services to take care of it. I tried doing it through the app but for some reason every time I tried to put in a different card it was still trying to register one card for all three rooms. Maybe it is because I have all 3 rooms linked together in my app. I am not sure. Thanks for the advice. 

44 minutes ago, Magoody said:

We have early boarding time of 10:30 so I think I will go straight to guest services to take care of it. I tried doing it through the app but for some reason every time I tried to put in a different card it was still trying to register one card for all three rooms. Maybe it is because I have all 3 rooms linked together in my app. I am not sure. Thanks for the advice. 

Try it on the website instead of the app. It may be easier to set up different CCs for different people there.

52 minutes ago, Magoody said:

As @smokeybandit suggests, using a good old-fashioned computer for the check-in process is better than using the app if you want to separate things.

We only use the app at just past midnight on the first possible check-in date to secure our preferred boarding time, then go back on a computer to fill in everything else (much easier to type passport numbers and credit card information with a keyboard than a phone).