Book or wait?

nemrac917

What would you do?

I'm wanting to take the family on a cruise in Feb 2025 for my daughter's golden birthday.  Of course, there's only a handful of available itineraries at this point since it's so far out.  There's one that would work okay for us, and has our chosen cabin available (only 2 on this ship).  

Would you go ahead and book it, or wait to see what other itineraries are added?

If the price is right…I would pay the extra to make it refundable.  I do that quite often.  That way you can cancel and rebook a different date…ship…destination.  And you can always change the refundable to non-refundable once you are absolutely sure of your cruising plans.

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Booking early and paying the $100pp change fee is still likely cheaper than not booking earlier, then not finding anything you like when the later itineraries come out then trying to book what already was available.

I agree but sometimes the price to make it refundable is less than $200 which would make it cheaper than paying the change fee.   I believe I have changed my November 2023 cruise at least 3 times and the refundable price is still cheaper than the going NRF rate now!  And I haven’t had to pay any change fees or extra monies.  So, you never know.  But yes, bottom line is book as soon as possible!

I am looking for my 2025 cruises and have not found one (or more) that I want to book.  If the cruise is what I want and will enjoy I would book it now.  If it is "I would settle for that one" then I would wait and keep looking.  When you find one you like book it as soon as possible.  You can always get price drops on the same cruise.