Advice on Where To Stay in Port Canaveral

Hi Happy Cruisers!

7 of us (3 adults, 4 teens) are going out of Port Canaveral the day after Easter. We will be driving down on Easter Sunday and will have to find a place to stay for the night so my question is where would you guys stay? We'll have to get 2 or 3 rooms and will need a shuttle to the ship or be close enough to drive into parking the day of. 

I appreciate any advice you can give me. - Kate

We’ve stayed the Radisson near the port. It’s an old hotel but has a nice pool & pool bar. They used to have suites with 2 king beds and a sofa bed. They have a well organized shuttle system. You need to reserve the shuttles in advance. The also have cruise parking.

48 minutes ago, GaryAA said:

We’ve stayed the Radisson near the port. It’s an old hotel but has a nice pool & pool bar. They used to have suites with 2 king beds and a sofa bed. They have a well organized shuttle system. You need to reserve the shuttles in advance. The also have cruise parking.

My TA has actually recommended this hotel as well.

We stayed in the Marriott Residence Inn for the proximity to the port as well. Wonder was visible from the hotel.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/mlbri-residence-inn-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach/overview/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0

51FE4FA2-ECF4-4000-845D-27084616DC2E.thumb.jpeg.4c79c6bfd82294839fac035bcd901e7f.jpeg

Nothing luxurious, but perfect for our purposes... just my wife an I in this room (studio). Our friends had another room (one bedroom). We really never used the kitchen, but our friend booked the rooms.

Pic_01a.thumb.jpeg.152ee0c50eabe83848f2540191b69389.jpeg

Pic_01.thumb.jpeg.1a5759a7eddb04aa831da0a04cf4da26.jpeg

Pic_02.thumb.jpeg.df1fc376b7923762e15f621395cd9d31.jpeg

Pic_03.thumb.jpeg.1dcb8d65f15dcce3f657b2987c6db90e.jpeg

Pic_04.thumb.jpeg.ff3380b7ff09c2d8b05a7fe259981c07.jpeg

Pic_05.thumb.jpeg.1a2f9be28d9bfa5bd007cc416b8d754f.jpeg

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Was the Residence Inn still undergoing renovations ?  We have stayed at this RI a number of times and recommended it….but when someone stayed there several months ago, they reported back that it was undergoing renovations.  Just wondering if they are done now.

Good morning! We didn't see any construction while we were there... at least on the main level around the reception desk, breakfast buffet area, or the outside by the fire pit and outdoor bar and eating areas. No signs of construction on the sections of floors 2 and 4 where our rooms were located either. We didn't use the pool, so I don't know if there was construction in that area. Maybe give them a call before booking to be sure. I think we'll be going back there in OCT again... love the convenience!

When we sailed with Allure in October 2021, my husband and I stayed at SpringHill Suites by Mariott. It was newly renovated, had free breakfast and the staff was incredibly friendly/accomodating. We were on our sailing for our Honeymoon and the hotel staff gifted us champagne and chocolate to celebrate! They also allowed us to check out late since our check in time at the terminal was a little bit later. Another huge perk was that it was close to the cruise terminal. They offer a shuttle service if you decide you want to park and stay at the hotel (they should have a package deal) vs parking at the port. 

We are sailing with Wonder of the Seas in June and decided to book at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson this time around as it was about $100 cheaper than SpringHill. It's still close to the terminal, offers a stay and park package, shuttle service and free breakfast (and free cookies!).

We sailed last May and did the GoPort. We drove down from NC and stayed at Fairfield Marriott in Titusville.  Included parking at GoPort and transfer to the cruise terminal and then back to our vehicle after the cruise.  We'll be doing it again in December when we cruise again.

We stayed at the SpringHill suites in July 2022 and really liked the property.  We were able to walk to a nearby large beach/souvenir shop and also walked to the Caribe brewery.  The hotel offered a shuttle to the terminal, which was great.  We lucked out by randomly inquiring about it the night prior to leaving and paid $10 per person.  The shuttle was sold out by the morning.  Rooms were very spacious; large seating area for the complimentary breakfast in the morning.  Highly recommend.