Spa purchases

19 hours ago, MegNason said:

Any advice on purchasing massages from the spa?  Is it better to purchase in advance or wait until onboard?  

No direct experience myself, but Matt - in his podcasts - suggests that you can get a good bargain on port days. It also doesn't hurt to ask in advance what deals are coming up.

I've also seen you can get better deals if you pre-book for one on Embarkation day, or if you pre-book an "early morning" appointment (at like, 8 AM).

Looking at booking a 8 AM treatment for my upcoming cruise on Allure... Order coffee to the room at 7 AM to wake up slowly, and then just wander down to the spa!

If you pre-book when they have specials running, like they just had, but I believe the offer has expired, you would have seen it on your cruise planner page, then it seems beneficial to pre-book them. Also on embarkation day, if you go to the spa they will be offering specials, if you book a treatment on port days they should be cheaper, sea days are not, because that is when they have the highest demand.

If you really want to make sure you get a spot on a sea day, I'd book in advance.  Yes, you may miss out on deals but the one time I tried to book onboard, every sea day spot was long taken.  As others have mentioned, you can usually get a slot on a port day or on embarkation day,  but I don't want services at those times.  

12 hours ago, cruise-y said:

If you really want to make sure you get a spot on a sea day, I'd book in advance.  Yes, you may miss out on deals but the one time I tried to book onboard, every sea day spot was long taken.  As others have mentioned, you can usually get a slot on a port day or on embarkation day,  but I don't want services at those times.  

That's a good point - if you're flexible, wait. If you have something in mind - pre-book.

Can someone please help me out on this question which has been asked before with not much feedback.  Going on Harmony in two weeks and the wife and I want to hit the spa on either the day we are in Nassau or St Thomas.  Currently the price is 99 not including 18% grat.  Do certain C&A members get discounts on spa services?  Should I just book the 99 rate and if a discount is offered on board will they give me the better price?

I don't believe that C&A members get any discounts for spa services.  None that come to mind, anyway.

If you are planning on doing a spa service on a port day, I recommend waiting until you get onboard.  There is almost always a port day discount for spa services.

There is no reason why you shouldn't book the spa service now and if you find that you can get a port day discount (or a C&A discount) onboard, you can always cancel the one you prebooked and rebook once onboard.  Nothing to lose there...

15 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don't believe that C&A members get any discounts for spa services.  None that come to mind, anyway.

C&A members do get a discount, but it has to be on a service that isn't already on sale.  I know this because my wife gets something done every sailing.