RoyalUp - levels up?

Hi,

With an Ocean View Balcony room booked i should be able to upgrade 2 levels up right ?

So that means i should expect a grand suite as the top offer right?

What if they accept an offer early - could i in theory go in and make a new bid on two levels higher ? (I know they most likely were given away, but you never know)

12 minutes ago, steffenmande said:

Quantum class in my case!

Just noticed there is a large availability on my trip in 2 months, so have my hopes up 🙂

Yeah the GS should be an option. Can you put in a bid now? I had a sailing open up around 71 days to bid, just a little after final payment.

46 minutes ago, Keanoknick said:

When we were on the Symphony in Nov. '21   We had booked a balcony, and won a Royal Up to an Owners Suite,  my brother and his family won a 1bdrm Aqua Theatre suite, also originally in a balcony.

Oh so you were able to upgrade even higher ?

Thought it was locked to 2 levels

33 minutes ago, steffenmande said:

Yeah we have 4 options if I recall correctly.  Strange thing was that my brother who booked the same class of room as us, had completely different options to bid for than we did.   Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what they offer you to bid on.

Perhaps it varies based on availability.  Our September and October 2021 sailings were 40-60% capacity which meant more rooms available to upgrade to?  

My next 2 sailings appear to be full which means I probably have slim chance of upgrade for any category.

4 hours ago, steffenmande said:

When they send you the email it will contain all  levels you can bid on. 

Don't get into a bidding war with yourself.  Just put in a price you believe is reasonable, and a price they will accept and leave it.

Also keep in mind since you said your cruise leaves in 2 months, that is spring break season ships will for sure be fuller during spring break if you want a real shot at that grand suite your bid has to be realistic.  

I noticed you said you have your hopes up for a grand suite.  If that really is the case and the price is right you might want simply consider calling your travel agent or Royal directly and upgrading to the grand and avoid RoyalUp game all together. 

48 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

When they send you the email it will contain all  levels you can bid on. 

Don't get into a bidding war with yourself.  Just put in a price you believe is reasonable, and a price they will accept and leave it.

Also keep in mind since you said your cruise leaves in 2 months, that is spring break season ships will for sure be fuller during spring break if you want a real shot at that grand suite your bid has to be realistic.  

I noticed you said you have your hopes up for a grand suite.  If that really is the case and the price is right you might want simply consider calling your travel agent or Royal directly and upgrading to the grand and avoid RoyalUp game all together. 

Fortunately its just outside if spring break 🙂

Im quite happy with my current Balcony room, but a cheap upgrade would still be great!

However from memory RoyalUp was only 2 category levels up - it that changed its just great!

It really depends on the individual sailing and how sales have been as to what categories you will be able to bid on.  Sometimes my RU’s have been limited to just a few higher categories but sometimes I have been permitted to bid all the way up to the Royal Suite.  For instance, for the sailing I am currently on (EX 1-14-23), I bid on all of the categories between JS all the way to the Royal Suite (my original booking was an OV Balcony).  There had been a large number of higher level suites showing available up through last week….so I suspect that had a lot to do with the large array of categories that were presented via RoyalUp.  I was awarded a JS.  Strong sales = limited categories.  Soft sales = larger variety of categories.  That is just a guess based on my recent results.