2 part question, when does royal advertise packages and

zuko94

its been 6 years since we've been on a royal cruise so we need to catch up on a few things.

First time we booked this far out, so Im not sure. We booked a cruise for may 31,2024 out of Bayonne. I'm looking at my cruise planner and nothing is listed for packages. No DDP, no UDP no Coco cay cabana packages. 

I like to book all my packages as soon as they are available. 

Has anyone see the package cost? UDP and DDP.

Thanks 

Be careful what you wish for.  When Royal makes purchases available far into the future they've been know to use high pricing to cover themselves.  If costs go up over the next year plus they are covered.  If costs don't go up they've got solid bookings in hand at higher than normal prices.  

They are very careful not to offer something they might lose money on (absent of another intern DX error).

5 hours ago, Pooch said:

Those prices are ship/sailing specific so what it is on my cruise may not be what you get on yours.  CP packages should open 9-12 months prior.

Fair point. 9-12 months makes sense, since we  normally book 6-8 months out. Reading what all the cruise lines are doing with menu changes and now nickel and dime everything I was more wondering how much they jacked the packages up.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Be careful what you wish for.  When Royal makes purchases available far into the future they've been know to use high pricing to cover themselves.  If costs go up over the next year plus they are covered.  If costs don't go up they've got solid bookings in hand at higher than normal prices.  

They are very careful not to offer something they might lose money on (absent of another intern DX error).

This being our two daughters first cruise, 6&9 and our first cruise since 2016 it will be interesting to see what royal has done with little stirrup cay now know as as perfect day. We wanted to book on the oasis but heard that the ship was going over for work. When we found out it was the Symphony we just said book it now not knowing how popular the cruises would be after the pandemic. We also didn't want to book 2023 as the pandemic seems to be a bit of a touchy subject with some.

We did catch royal being a little unscrupulous with pricing. I have been searching and mock booking and noticed prices I had written down were no longer the same. my wife jumped on her work computer since she's used it a couple times for cruise searches.  I used my daughters computer since I had read something about royal "cookie booking" sure enough my home comp was showing 933 for a balcony and my daughters 833 for a balcony and my wife computers was showing 863. We booked on my daughters computer.  

I didn't think that would be true but I saw it first hand. So I put nothing past them now.

Thanks again for all the replies. 

I don't know anything about unscrupulous booking. Never saw a price difference based on computers on when a booking was made. Sales will fluctuate on a daily basis that is the pricing structure for most things.

I don't understand why people like to say Royal or most cruise lines like to nickel and dime you. They are up front about what isn't and is included, you don't have to look far to see what you can choose to buy. Being nickeled and dime is when they say something is included but for it to have any value you need to purchase add-ons or upgrades.......or if they get you on the promise on $50/night but for that to be based on very narrow specific criteria.

16 hours ago, zuko94 said:

This being our two daughters first cruise, 6&9 and our first cruise since 2016 it will be interesting to see what royal has done with little stirrup cay now know as as perfect day. We wanted to book on the oasis but heard that the ship was going over for work. When we found out it was the Symphony we just said book it now not knowing how popular the cruises would be after the pandemic. We also didn't want to book 2023 as the pandemic seems to be a bit of a touchy subject with some.

You will love Cococay.  No more tender.  Beautifullarge  pool and beaches are nice.  The Beach Club is amazing (even better if you can get if for under $100 per person!).  They do have the waterpark, which is pricey, definintely keep an eye out for the sale if that is something you want to do.  I've been sailing almost monthly since the restart, nothing "pandemic" related anymore except that as of last month Royal was still supplying wrapped paper masks and hand sanitizer in the cabin and there are more hand sanitzer stations throughout the ship.    6 and 9 are great ages to enjoy your cruise!  

Most on ship packages for my cruise went on sale about 14-15 months prior. If you see a price you are willing to pay for an item, book it. If the price drops, you can cancel and re-buy at the lower price. I have done that 4 or 5 times for some items. Excursions came in later, and keep popping in while still 9 months out. the started showing up about a year out.

17 hours ago, zuko94 said:

We did catch royal being a little unscrupulous with pricing. I have been searching and mock booking and noticed prices I had written down were no longer the same. my wife jumped on her work computer since she's used it a couple times for cruise searches.  I used my daughters computer since I had read something about royal "cookie booking" sure enough my home comp was showing 933 for a balcony and my daughters 833 for a balcony and my wife computers was showing 863. We booked on my daughters computer.  

I won't call it 'unscrupulous' with pricing.  I have noticed the same with airline tickets.  I have learned to use the incognito window with my browser.  Otherwise I get higher prices on the same day when I go back to book.  I have even seen the price increase between my work computer and my home computer on the same day. Those darn cookies.  The alternative is to delete cookies.  But if you do that, be prepared to sign back into all your favorite websites. 

Great price for a balcony.  You will have a fantastic time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 11:14 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I don't know anything about unscrupulous booking. Never saw a price difference based on computers on when a booking was made. Sales will fluctuate on a daily basis that is the pricing structure for most things.

I don't understand why people like to say Royal or most cruise lines like to nickel and dime you. They are up front about what isn't and is included, you don't have to look far to see what you can choose to buy. Being nickeled and dime is when they say something is included but for it to have any value you need to purchase add-ons or upgrades.......or if they get you on the promise on $50/night but for that to be based on very narrow specific criteria.

I found it funny that as I was searching cruises I mocked booked a cruise, went back after discussing it over with the wife and went back on and it was a different price. I know prices change day by day. 

I was at work and jumped on mocked book again and the price was lower. The weekend came and we jumped on the computers and saw three different prices for the same category. I thought that was a little dirty with the cookies.

as to the nickel and dimming, I can only comment on the changes I'm seeing and reviews. Hence my question, we always upgrade to the drink packages. we want to book everything we can cabana at thrill water park, UDP, UDP. We couldn't decide whether to book a suite or not. Figure the balcony Would be a good jump off for the kids. 

I did like the idea of booking two joining balcony cabins but saw that video a little late.

On 1/3/2023 at 2:09 PM, FireFishII said:

I won't call it 'unscrupulous' with pricing.  I have noticed the same with airline tickets.  I have learned to use the incognito window with my browser.  Otherwise I get higher prices on the same day when I go back to book.  I have even seen the price increase between my work computer and my home computer on the same day. Those darn cookies.  The alternative is to delete cookies.  But if you do that, be prepared to sign back into all your favorite websites. 

Great price for a balcony.  You will have a fantastic time.

I never thought I would have to use an incognito window to book a cruise. honestly I think it's dirty business. But thats my opinion. 

we were surprised at the price we could book a suite and balcony at. I'm guessing mark did teach me something about early bookings. 

again we get a wild hair up our backsides and its like "hey lets go on a cruise I can take this week off from work"  

Thanks, all honesty, me and wife will enjoy being back on the ocean and not doing much of anything. we both can't wait to see the little stirrup cay and the work they've done, thats exciting for us. 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, Pattycruise said:

You will love Cococay.  No more tender.  Beautifullarge  pool and beaches are nice.  The Beach Club is amazing (even better if you can get if for under $100 per person!).  They do have the waterpark, which is pricey, definintely keep an eye out for the sale if that is something you want to do.  I've been sailing almost monthly since the restart, nothing "pandemic" related anymore except that as of last month Royal was still supplying wrapped paper masks and hand sanitizer in the cabin and there are more hand sanitzer stations throughout the ship.    6 and 9 are great ages to enjoy your cruise!  

Yes we can not wait to see all the work done to little stirrup cay. We want to book a cabana in thrill water park as a home base for the girls and just have a nice shaded spot to nap in. 

im trying to figure out about the zip line in little stirrup cay, I know the girls will have a blast on that. is it all day ticket or a once around ticket, anyone know? 

Wow monthly, I could only wish. We'll be happy with the Bahamas and then quick Bermuda cruise before the school year starts. me and the wife would love to get back on the golf course in Bermuda again.

Right, thats what we figured. Six would be a good age to start cruising. no crying, no dirty diapers, no formula and all the stuff that goes along a parent of babies. God bless anyone who brings infants on a cruise, more power to them. We just didn't think it would be fair for us and other cruisers. Its a full time job trying to schedule the days around naps and feedings let alone doing it on a cruise. To use that wasn't much of a cruise.