Dinner at Wonderland

Pooch

We have only been once and it was WONDERFUL. We declared right off that it was our 1st time, the server said I will bring out mostly everything. Royal seems to have included some of the tiny entrees (liquid lobster) as part of the meal. We left happy and full.  With a party of 7 are they all adventurous dinners? If not I think a different choice may be more palatable. 

Let me count the ways I hate Wonderland. lol Food is subpar, presentation is weak, not filling, not edible and not fun. I would love a Hooked, Mason Jar, or Playmakers to replace Wonderland on every ship. Tried Wonderland on two ships and was very disappointed both times.

Maybe as someone that has only been on a few cruises, Wonderland was a cool experience. Pooch from the responses above it isn't for everyone. I'd give it a try and see what you think. The food presentation and show is part of the thing here.  I can see a few tablemates not appreciating it and being wet blankets. Maybe it would be better as a date night for you and Mr. Pooch? 

1 hour ago, foxrunner said:

Maybe as someone that has only been on a few cruises, Wonderland was a cool experience. Pooch from the responses above it isn't for everyone. I'd give it a try and see what you think. The food presentation and show is part of the thing here.  I can see a few tablemates not appreciating it and being wet blankets. Maybe it would be better as a date night for you and Mr. Pooch? 

But it is better with more then 2; for the variety of the food presentations.

Wonderland is not for everyone; I think the food is meh but often the experience and drinks make up for everything. Now my experience and opinions are tainted because I don't eat seafood and a lot of the offerings are seafood. However, I sail Oasis in Jan with the UDP and have planned Wonderland as our first dinner of the week. Once a sailing with the UDP is my limit.

6 hours ago, foxrunner said:

He’s the least adventurous eater of the bunch and the one I’m most concerned about.  Not sure he’d appreciate the show either.  It’s my daughter who really wants to go.

My husband and I avoided wonderland for the longest time, until we couldn't cruise, and then our first sailing back after Covid I said "we're doing everything we can just in case the shut this all down again".   Wonderland was on that list.  

I should preface this with the fact that we are adventurous eaters, have travelled a fair amount, and we've exposed ourselves to a lot of very different foods and love trying new things.

Wonderland looked to kitchy for us and too gimmicky.   And I seriously wondered about that weird Mad Hatter - 

Joke was on us - we really enjoyed it.   I mean, take it for what it is and don't take it too seriously - but the food was interesting, and most of it was delicious... but just doing something different and eating something we typically wouldn't eat on land was the appeal for us.   Textures were different,flavours were unexpected and a bit surprising - but not in a bad way.  We've been back twice since then and always go when we're on a ship that has a Wonderland.

Give it a try.   Worst thing that happens is you didn't like it.   Best thing is you have a fun night with friends trying something new!  Either way you'll have something to talk about.

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I do. It's been a long workweek and my brain is a little scattered.

I so wish to have your cruise confusion. 🙂  While I am jealous of your cruising frequency, I enjoy viewing your cruises through the lens of your live blogs.  Looking forward to your Wonderland visit.