CocoCay beach club etiquette

mom2mybugs

Ok... Somewhat random question.  We are going to the beach club and I'm aiming to get there as early as I can and snag one of the pool beds.  (Or at least a great chair). My question is about lunch.  I don't want to be THAT person (you know, the chair hog), but I'm absolutely planning on enjoying the hopefully amazing beach club lunch.  Are we able to leave our stuff on the pool bed, go eat lunch, and then come back? Or is the etiquette abandon the bed?  I will plan the lunch time accordingly... If we can't keep the bed for an hour for lunch, then I will plan a late lunch.  If we can, then I will plan an early lunch so we can actually have room for dinner! 

Just wondering what people have done and what you've seen.  I don't even know if I can snag one, but I'm going to try!  Jane

With so few beach beds unless you are one of the first off the first ship I wouldn't count on getting one. But if you do we saw people leave their things there to eat lunch and return. There are so many great chairs nicely spaced I believe you will enjoy where ever you land for the day. I personally didn't like the location of the beach beds but that is just so personal. But to your original concern no one seemed bothered if you left your things to dine on lunch. It's a great space. Enjoy!

If you are lucky enough to get one (and that bed is what you want), then I would keep it. I see it as different than the “chair hogs” who place a towel on a chair at 6am and don’t actually use it until 10am. At least you will be enjoying it all day. With that being said, probability is low that you get one. I’ve never been able to snag one even w/ single ship and one of the first groups off the ship. Good luck!

6 hours ago, NotPayinExtra said:

How about a compromise. Enjoy the bed for first half of day. Then take your things with you to lunch. So someone else can use it for the afternoon. Then after lunch get regular beach chairs. Split the difference.

We are thinking about doing 2/3 pool, 1/3 beach so that might work too.  Chances are we won't even get one but will give it a try! Thanks!  Jane

@mom2mybugs   I've been lucky enough to snag a bed several times...I'm a really fast walker!🤣 I had one this past week. Etiquette is you have it for the day. Your personal stuff and towels (beach club supplied) spread out is enough to show it's taken. You can eat, go in the infinity pool or swim in the ocean...your bed remains yours. 

But...as posted above...it's not really in an ideal spot at the walkway between the pool and restaurant. Everyone coming and going all day seems to pass right behind you. As long as you don't mind it.....

This week I booked a bed on South Beach. Much more secluded. There's a bar nearby...good service...snack shack...restrooms.

But...my next Beach Club visit I'll forget about the rush to get there early. I'll take one of the many loungers in the back row...near the pool. Less stress trying to beat the crowd and less activity passing by, but steps away from that wonderful pool and restaurant. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

@mom2mybugs   I've been lucky enough to snag a bed several times...I'm a really fast walker!🤣 I had one this past week. Etiquette is you have it for the day. Your personal stuff and towels (beach club supplied) spread out is enough to show it's taken. You can eat, go in the infinity pool or swim in the ocean...your bed remains yours. 

But...as posted above...it's not really in an ideal spot at the walkway between the pool and restaurant. Everyone coming and going all day seems to pass right behind you. As long as you don't mind it.....

This week I booked a bed on South Beach. Much more secluded. There's a bar nearby...good service...snack shack...restrooms.

But...my next Beach Club visit I'll forget about the rush to get there early. I'll take one of the many loungers in the back row...near the pool. Less stress trying to beat the crowd and less activity passing by, but steps away from that wonderful pool and restaurant. Enjoy!

Thank you for mentioning the ALL DAY coming and going behind the beds.  It seems that it would be the case.  I may not walk as fast as I originally intended now.  I much rather be on a path less traveled.

13 hours ago, BrianB said:

This is super good to know!  Lots of traffic...  Trade off for sure!  It's our first time there and I would never have thought of that!  Thanks so much! Jane