Disney returning to in-person Muster Drill

I just saw a video showing a ship on another cruise line holding the muster drill…they went back to the old way.
According to the person doing the video…it was the usual cluster. Standing around (all the seats taken) packed like sardines and waiting over half an hour while latecomers finally deign to show up. All the while being shushed by crew members. No cell phones usage allowed! No talking!…not even quietly. Like being back in grade school. I don’t know why they prohibit talking prior to the start of the drill….that’s a bit harsh. 
Oh, well. That company made their choice. I’ll make mine.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:08 PM, PG Cruiser said:

If only Royal can hold on to the SeaPass cards until the guests report to their muster stations.  Or probably have guests claim the cards from those stations.

Great idea, logistically awkward as the monitors would have to sort, distribute and track them.  Maybe not turn them on until the muster station monitor confirms completion at the stations.  When they swipe your sea pass card, it turns on purchases and room access. You get the same effect - can't get into your room until muster complete.