The Key Priority Access Change

swimking1

I am looking at the key for a cruise next year, and notice that the wordage for priority embarkation has changed, it now says this:

"Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1."

Has anyone else noticed this?  On my last cruise this summer I purchased the key and was able to board among the first group, literally the first person on Wonder of the Seas.  Does this mean I can would not be able to join the first few groups anymore and would have to wait until my assigned time?  What is even the point of having this as an inclusion if that is the case?

At Port Liberty…..

Every time I used the Key….we boarded early. That was to make sure we would be able to take advantage of the Key Lunch, which began at 11:30 and usually ended service at 1 or 1:30. Also, dropping off our carry-ons to be delivered to our rooms wouldn’t make much sense if we boarded late and the rooms were already accessible. As soon as the terminal opened, the Guardians of the Portal would announce the entry for the earliest boarding times…and Key members.

2 hours ago, Adriana said:

@BrianB, thanks! Around what time did you arrive at the port? Any idea when you received your bags? I will be on Anthem next week and still debating dropping off bags. How many bags did you drop off?

I would arrive about 10am. As soon as I boarded, I went right to the Key desk set up outside the MDR. There they would give me the envelope with the welcome letter and take my carry-on. I only had one, but included my jacket. They would put a luggage tag on it and the bag and jacket would immediately be brought to my cabin. Then I usually went to a restaurant desk to make my dining reservations for the week…access the app to complete the muster…go check in at my muster station. By then, I would head back to the MDR for the Key lunch, which was usually Chops lunch served in the MDR. While there, I would reserve my entertainment shows on the app. When the announcement was made that the rooms were ready, I would go and my carry-on would usually be just inside the door, or in the closet, and my jacket would be hanging up.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:13 PM, Bowen said:

I suppose it depends on the port? We went out of Galveston and had The Key about a month ago. There was no priority at all until you got through security, by which time there was no point as there are no lines past security.

In Galveston… The priority lane is on the far right of the main doors up against the building.  It’s not marked with any signs so I can totally see how it was missed.  Only reason we stumbled upon it was one of the port workers showed us when I asked.  We had a 10:30am check in and were the second lane to enter the building behind suites and pinnacles.  Once thru security we were sat in the waiting area with other key guests.  They allowed all key people to board before the suites and Pinnacles.  Funny how they did that backwards.  Our non-key friends were in the 10:30am regular lane and ended up about 10-15 people behind us at security.  Not sure it was worth it.  When disembarking they allowed us to cut the huge snake line that went through the MDR, however all it did was put us out on the main lane to get to the boat bridges.  Maybe saved us 10-15 minutes total getting to our car.

I am a RCL newbie and this is live from the Voyager of the Seas. 

Boarding with the Key was a huge "cluster" this morning in Boston. We had a 10:30 check in plus the Key. Got to the terminal at 10:28. Per the rep at the Key line queue, the line was full and we needed to go to the end of the regular Boarding line. Well, we walked probably 150 yards, passing hundreds of people, the entire length of the terminal to get to the end of the line. I was fuming hot mad. We stood there for about 10 minutes not moving. I told Mrs Fan that I was going back to the Key line to see what was up. I ran into another rep and told her that we had the Key. She said follow me. So she walks us back to the Key line and the queue is nearly empty, but the rep we initially met was not letting anyone get in line. The second rep pulled her aside and kind of pushed us through. The entire time, the first rep was trying to keep Key purchaser's out of the Key line. Finally, she relented and Key purchasers started getting on board. She had been sending Key purchasers to the back of the main line for probably 30 minutes. 

I have no explanation for her actions and I am still mad about it. Thank goodness for the second rep I met.