Weddings

Amylou

Here is a link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/plan-a-cruise/cruise-weddings

Brochure with some prices

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/royal-weddings-brochure.pdf

RC does a great job (not us, but we were invited once) 

Edited by not easy being green
left out link

• 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Also, wondering if Freedom still has the wedding chapel...looks like it on the deck plans but i thought they had gotten rid of those?

It's there but it's a meeting area now. Looks like it can be easily converted to a ceremony space. Matt did a Freedom tour recently on YouTube - about 26 minutes into the video, you can see it.

16 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Thanks..great overview!!

I guess I have to wait up to 3 days to hear back form Royals wedding planner department....to confirm if there is a la carte pricing as we don't want/need all they offer in their packages....

Congrats on the wedding @monctonguy.  My guess is they will try to stick you for the whole thing.  Hope it works out sir.

On 10/13/2022 at 5:38 PM, Amylou said:

Hi. 
Has anyone experienced getting married on board a ship? This is something I’m looking into. Is there anyone out there that could possibly give me a run through of their day? Or any advice relating to this topic? 

Thanks 😊 

Just got married on the Harmony of the Seas with an embarkation day ceremony so we could include non-sailing guests. We had a total 100 (30 sailing & 70 non-sailing) 

Working with the wedding department can be frustrating due to their lack of communication, and there was some issues with our wedding including not getting everything we paid for in terms of photography. But, it was all around worth it in the end for us. You definitely have to be go with the flow, I wasn't able to confirm all of my choices until 1-2 weeks before the wedding. 

Basically you purchase a package (ours was $5,600 base for embarkation), but I believe they start at $2000. Then, you choose your add-ons like open bar, food, photography, DJ, sound tech, etc. We chose to do premium open bar for 3 hours, $25/per person/per hour & tier 3 canapes ($17 per person), platinum package photography and we did a DJ for 3 hours. 

We all got on the boat at 11am, ceremony at 12pm, non-sailing guests left at 2:30pm & we had dinner with sailing guests in MDR that night. Here's our wedding video to give you an idea of how it went! 

Agree with everything @helloxdestinysaid above. Wife and I got married back in 2009 on Liberty on embarkation day. Had about 30 sailing and 30 non sailing guests. Definitely have to go with the flow and just laugh off any issue. You have to get on the ship and get ready quick. We were supposed to have priority boarding but it got messed up for some reason but can’t remember why now. Funniest part of the whole thing was my tux was the only one with wrong measurements so it was super long everywhere. I just switched with my brother since we are the same size so at least mine would look normal lol. Weren’t thrilled with the wedding photos as the mostly all had a weird look to them but photography on the ship has come a long way since then. Other than that food was great, open bar was a must and service was as expected. For trying to save some money it was a great alternative to a traditional wedding for us. 

Congratulations to all of the happy couples!  When Mrs. Cruiser and I were first engaged, we considered having our wedding on a Royal ship.  However, reading these stories and knowing how "carefully" Mrs. Cruiser controlled all things wedding related, I am oh so glad we did not go down this road!  Great for the couples who can go with the flow, but that would have given us hives!

• 7 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 1:31 PM, helloxdestiny said:

Just got married on the Harmony of the Seas with an embarkation day ceremony so we could include non-sailing guests. We had a total 100 (30 sailing & 70 non-sailing) 

Working with the wedding department can be frustrating due to their lack of communication, and there was some issues with our wedding including not getting everything we paid for in terms of photography. But, it was all around worth it in the end for us. You definitely have to be go with the flow, I wasn't able to confirm all of my choices until 1-2 weeks before the wedding. 

Basically you purchase a package (ours was $5,600 base for embarkation), but I believe they start at $2000. Then, you choose your add-ons like open bar, food, photography, DJ, sound tech, etc. We chose to do premium open bar for 3 hours, $25/per person/per hour & tier 3 canapes ($17 per person), platinum package photography and we did a DJ for 3 hours. 

We all got on the boat at 11am, ceremony at 12pm, non-sailing guests left at 2:30pm & we had dinner with sailing guests in MDR that night. Here's our wedding video to give you an idea of how it went! 

I love this! who did you use to make the video?