Jump to content

Lowest Price Guarentee, Seems No More


Neesa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here's the full terms and conditions.  I do think Ptrg would qualify based on the program and assuming all other stated facts.

Clearly speaks to 48 hours from reserving.

 

Terms and Conditions
The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee applies to the cruise rate only. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee will not apply to government fees and taxes and/or any fuel supplement charge. Lower rates must be Royal Caribbean?s publicly advertised rates available to the general public. Group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Royal Caribbean to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates are ineligible. To submit a Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim, please click on the link above and complete all the required information. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. The lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for reserving at the time Royal Caribbean reviews your submitted Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim form. All Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted on-line within 48 hours of reserving your cruise and verified by Royal Caribbean in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee is applicable to North American reservations only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

This is the key part….August 2023!!! Take note. This is well outside of the final payment date. If you are inside the final payment date, your cruise price is NOT going to be adjusted and you are NOT going to get any kind of onboard credit…..PERIOD.

oh yes...i knew that.  I made a comment about not being surprised they aren't allowing price adjustments/credits after final payment.  My comment was that i was able to make at least 3 changes after booking. Sorry for confusion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, Xaa said:

Here's the full terms and conditions.  I do think Ptrg would qualify based on the program and assuming all other stated facts.

Clearly speaks to 48 hours from reserving.

 

Terms and Conditions
The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee applies to the cruise rate only. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee will not apply to government fees and taxes and/or any fuel supplement charge. Lower rates must be Royal Caribbean?s publicly advertised rates available to the general public. Group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Royal Caribbean to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates are ineligible. To submit a Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim, please click on the link above and complete all the required information. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. The lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for reserving at the time Royal Caribbean reviews your submitted Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim form. All Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted on-line within 48 hours of reserving your cruise and verified by Royal Caribbean in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee is applicable to North American reservations only.

Thanks Xaa.... Finally someone can see it👍👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I just want to say it is on each person to read the cruise contract before making a booking. The best/lowest price guarantee doesn't explicitly state anything about final payment because final payment deadlines are to be understood as absolute. 

Does the cruise contract actually state that the final payment deadline turns off the “48 hours from reserving” language? 

Not to mention that even if Royal had the better contractual argument (not clear at all to me that they do) it still would be incredibly misleading to put a 48 hour best price guarantee at check out for a booking to which it would not apply, when clearly it is being used to induce booking. 
 

@Ptrg did Royal claim you were outside the 48 hours or that the policy just didn’t apply to your booking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, berkeleykel said:

Does the cruise contract actually state that the final payment deadline turns off the “48 hours from reserving” language? 

Not to mention that even if Royal had the better contractual argument (not clear at all to me that they do) it still would be incredibly misleading to put a 48 hour best price guarantee at check out for a booking to which it would not apply, when clearly it is being used to induce booking. 
 

@Ptrg did Royal claim you were outside the 48 hours or that the policy just didn’t apply to your booking?

They claimed me was outside the 48 hrs which actually I wasn't.... Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ptrg said:

They claimed me was outside the 48 hrs which actually I wasn't.... Thanks

Well, you could have been since this is an hour guarantee and not a day. I.e. if you booked at 10am on the 12th you would need to call before 10am on the 14th, not any time on the 14th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, Neesa said:

I for one like the idea of not paying in full until the due date . Has this happened to anyone else?

This thread intrigued me. I went back to the first post to see what the basic question was. Several posts get it right: After final payment (how far in advance of the sail date may vary) you're locked into your full payment amount. Before that final payment date if there is a price change at the RCL or Celebrity website and you are dealing direct with them on your booking (not using an agent to make the booking), they'll issue a new invoice with an updated final payment amount.

The farther out you are able to plan and book your cruise, the more likely a price change will occur that you can take advantage of. If you book inside the final payment date and make final payment, no changes are allowed.

Another thing to think about, use an agent.`Good agents often track their client's cruise pricing and will alert you to a price change. Most of the time, you have to check the RCL or Celebrity website yourself- the cruise lines are not going to call you. Your agent, assuming you made the booking in question with them, will make the call and get the new pricing and invoice change. These days, that alone is worth finding a good booking agent.

There are web sites that track cruise pricing, cruiseplum.com is one of them. A base fare drop of 15% or more on the ship and cabin class you are watching will trigger a post. Back up the post on cruiseplum.com with a check of the base fare at the RCL or Celebrity web site. It has to be listed there in the exact cabin class and sail dtes for the company to honor the lowest price guarantee and rewrite your invoice.

Cabin pricing for all the cruise lines is dynamic and based on demand, among other factors. I've gotten several price reductions with Celebrity when I catch a price drop. Those will normally happen when the ship's load factors by cabin class aren't being met. You'll also see prices go up, for example on interior cabins with high booking rates, and go down on OVs to increase booking rates in that cabin class making it a no brainer to cancel the interior cabin and rebook the OV. Be mindful that when you cancel and rebook a new cabin, the perks may not be the same. You have to do the math to determine if you are gaining or losing by rebooking. 

As long as you've done your math to insure you're not loosing a nice perk by rebooking (that has the net effect of raising the original cost per day, per person for your cruise), grab the lower price. I've had no problems with Celebrity giving me the lower price. Just saved $200pp on an Edge booking in January, 2023 about a week before final payment. I saw the change at the Celebrity website, called my agent, asked her to check, she did then sent me the new invoice with the lower final payment. Her time on the phone, not mine.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Well, you could have been since this is an hour guarantee and not a day. I.e. if you booked at 10am on the 12th you would need to call before 10am on the 14th, not any time on the 14th.

Yep... That what I did: paid at 7pm on 22nd , September, 22 called back at 8am on the 24th... And wasn't qualified 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Booking and payment were at the same time? Or did you book and then make final payment?

Most reps aren't always well versed in policies, but they would see everything related for something like this. They also have checks and balances in place to assist when it comes to repricing and such. I wish it would have worked in your favor but not all policies will be available to everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Booking and payment were at the same time? Or did you book and then make final payment?

Most reps aren't always well versed in policies, but they would see everything related for something like this. They also have checks and balances in place to assist when it comes to repricing and such. I wish it would have worked in your favor but not all policies will be available to everyone.

Yep... I called RC, booked and paid same time. I thought it was simple when  booking  airlines 's tickets: pick the date, time and pay... Done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ptrg said:

Yep... I called RC, booked and paid same time. I thought it was simple when  booking  airlines 's tickets: pick the date, time and pay... Done

Well it was simple.  The ability to reprice and such is great but I always book at a price I am comfortable with and that's that. I never go into anything expecting something else or extra,  if extra happens yay!.  You still are cruising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...