Next Cruise

Lyndz

3 hours ago, Lyndz said:

My question is if you book through Next Cruise while on a ship, are you still able to reprice later if the price drops? 

Also does repricing affect the On Board Credit you get for booking onboard?

I have actually repriced three cruises that were originally booked through Next...my travel agent got the booking...and...while I got the lowered price on all three I kept the exact amount of my OBC. I currently have one of those three left to complete, January 2023, and booked two more during 2023 during our last cruise. Obviously I am hoping for the chance to see a reduction although my January cruise came down so much on a JS that I don't expect that one to change.

Next Cruise OBC is protected during a reprice.  Promotional OBC is not.  

I've booked cruises on board during a promotion when all guests received some OBC like $75.  If I had booked this cruise on land I would have received $75 because that was the promotion running that week.  I received Next Cruise OBC like $100 and I received promotional OBC like $75 for a total of $175 in OBC.

During a reprice later on the Next Cruise OBC was protected - the $100.  The promotional OBC is lost during a reprice unless there is some other promotional OBC offered while repricing.   

7 hours ago, MMcBride said:

Next Cruise or travel agent? Who has the better deals/advantages? Thanks for the input.

I have taken my list with cruise dates, prices and specific rooms. Next pulls up the same info...so...you aren't getting a bigger discount using Next but you are booking with $100 down per person and picking up some onboard credits. I usually am booking cruises at least 6 months, and at times a year or more, ahead of sail date. Then the agent takes over watching pricing/deals. So far every Next cruise I have booked, sample size of 6 or 7 that has been completed, has been repriced to a lower rate. Last March was a good month for me as three of my future cruises all saw lower prices for the cabin type I had booked.

20 minutes ago, Carlyn3 said:

FYI- Be careful with the Next Cruise "Book Later" program.  I did that in August thinking it was the same deal but it is not.  THe only benefit is the reduced deposit. There was no onboard credit- and looking back at the fine print- it never said there would be.

As long as you book within 60 days there should be OBC. I've booked with those before

2 hours ago, RichCruise7 said:

We're on the Explorer on the 23rd Oct, we've already mentioned booking a cruise for next year, do you get cheaper deals when booking on the ship?

No. On board credit and reduced deposit. The price is whatever it is for the cruise you select. That said it can be fun to check out options. Be clear if you want refundable deposit.