Grandeur/Enchantment vs Rhapsody/Vision

Joe01

I was bored and scrolling through Wikipedia and it says that the six Vision Class built are three sets of sister ships. Obviously the now departed Legend and Splendour had a different look to the others but what is the difference between the Grandeur/Enchantment and Rhapsody/Vision? Obviously EN got lengthened but she was built the same way as GR. I know that GR/EN were built in Finland and RH/VI in France but does that really impact anything? Just curious.

I've been on three of the ships, and we'll be on the fourth in October.  I recall my experiences as being about the same, except that the Rhapsody seemed more beat up when we sailed it in 2017.  For us, the Cruise Director was important, and I think every CD needs to have an opening monologue.  We were distressed that our CD on our cruise in June had so little stage presence.  The Activities Manager, in contrast, was a natural - should have been the Director.

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

I've been on three of the ships, and we'll be on the fourth in October.  I recall my experiences as being about the same, except that the Rhapsody seemed more beat up when we sailed it in 2017.  For us, the Cruise Director was important, and I think every CD needs to have an opening monologue.  We were distressed that our CD on our cruise in June had so little stage presence.  The Activities Manager, in contrast, was a natural - should have been the Director.

Don't know which ship you were on in June but had the exact same experience on Odyssey 2 weeks ago. Great Activities Manager, visible around the ship and energetic whilst I saw the Cruise Director once in 7 days.

I’m curious too.  I’ve been on vision twice for my first cruise ever and my first euro cruise (and last cruise I was on).  I had heard enchantment was very different because of the stretching, but I thought the others were pretty similar…except for the cruise director.  Steve Davis and his thriller dance classes was the best cruise director I’ve ever had.  I think it’s more important on those small ships to have a really good cruise director…but I digress.  Need to go listen to Michael Jackson while I wait for the answer on the ship similarities and differences.  Jane

I have sailed on Enchantment of the Seas before in 2014 and will be again in a few weeks. There has actually been another refurbishment of the ship since that time, happening in 2017 when Oasis class upgrades were introduced. As a result in many respects these ships closely resemble the Oasis class.

This is not to be confused with the major overhaul in the 2000s that included the addition of a poolside movie screen, bungee trampolines and extra cabins.646-8149478e4a4f.jpg.22515daf300263878f057cffcbc483d2.jpg