E-docs/cruise ticket booklet?

I feel like a rookie cruiser again because it's been so long since our last cruise from the pandemic. 

Do we physically need the e-docs/cruise ticket booklet with us tomorrow? Seems unnecessary to me since we have everything on the app? Our boarding pass and everything is on the app. 

Do we need to print that giant booklet and have it with us tomorrow? Thanks for any help. 

37 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I feel like a rookie cruiser again because it's been so long since our last cruise from the pandemic. 

Do we physically need the e-docs/cruise ticket booklet with us tomorrow? Seems unnecessary to me since we have everything on the app? Our boarding pass and everything is on the app. 

Do we need to print that giant booklet and have it with us tomorrow? Thanks for any help. 

When we book a balcony room, our AAA agent prepays for a couple of specialty dining coupons, and these are in the edocs.  So we print those when we print our luggage tags, as already noted above.  Those coupons usually need to be handled by 2 or 3 different people because they are atypical.  Just having them on our phone wouldn't work easily.

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

No you will need that
What you will need:

Set sail pass (it is in the Royal App or you can try and print it)
Your government issue ID (ex. passport etc)
Your original Vax card
Your Covid results (either on your phone-screen shot recommended if doing that) OR printed

Don't forget to do your muster drill once you board -it is done via the app, watch two videos and you go and scan in and get it over with (no more "drill at the same time")
Don't forget to make reservations once you board the ship (if your ship has things that require reservations)-it is done via the app.
Seapass cards will be located in the Room # next to your cabin when they allow you to go to your cabin

Welcome back to cruising!

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

No you will need that
What you will need:

Set sail pass (it is in the Royal App or you can try and print it)
Your government issue ID (ex. passport etc)
Your original Vax card
Your Covid results (either on your phone-screen shot recommended if doing that) OR printed

Don't forget to do your muster drill once you board -it is done via the app, watch two videos and you go and scan in and get it over with (no more "drill at the same time")
Don't forget to make reservations once you board the ship (if your ship has things that require reservations)-it is done via the app.
Seapass cards will be located in the Room # next to your cabin when they allow you to go to your cabin

Welcome back to cruising!

Excellent thanks, we have all of those things so we are set! Can you do the muster drill deal the minute you step on board? We watch a vid and go to our muster station and that's it? They are all ready set up for that? I want to get it out of the way right away, I meant right away. Thanks again for the info.

12 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Excellent thanks, we have all of those things so we are set! Can you do the muster drill deal the minute you step on board? We watch a vid and go to our muster station and that's it? They are all ready set up for that? I want to get it out of the way right away, I meant right away. Thanks again for the info.

The video can be done boarding day prior to boarding, look for the green complete banner once you finished watching them.  If the “complete” doesn’t show, no worries, tell your check in person you watched it. 
As for scanning in, It depends on the ship and crew readiness.  If you have a 10am boarding it might be a short wait for crew to be at their station.  I go immediately, if they aren’t there I find somewhere nearby to look at things needing reservations, then check muster again. 

36 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

The video can be done boarding day prior to boarding, look for the green complete banner once you finished watching them.  If the “complete” doesn’t show, no worries, tell your check in person you watched it. 
As for scanning in, It depends on the ship and crew readiness.  If you have a 10am boarding it might be a short wait for crew to be at their station.  I go immediately, if they aren’t there I find somewhere nearby to look at things needing reservations, then check muster again. 

Boarding time for us is 10:30. This is gonna be interesting since been years now to see the new way of doing things. We used to go whenever which was early and then they would have us sit for 30-40 minutes before boarding, I heard that sitting part doesn't happen anymore. We sail from NJ so this will be an interesting experience. 

I’ve done a number of cruises out of NJ this year.

Parking might be in the garage, if not it will be the outdoor lots.  $25 per day.

If you are sailing Oasis you’ll need to book the shows and comedian(in the Blaze).

if you are sailing Adventure I don’t think there was anything to reserve.

familiarize yourself with the app now if possible. At the bottom of the Home Screen it says tips/tricks/hints….click on that and then each day at the bottom to learn more. 

if you want a cruise compass (paper events) ask your stateroom attendant for nightly delivery or go to guest services to make your request.

• 6 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 9:05 AM, Linda L said:

How do I print my guest ticket booklet

Look for upcoming cruises

click onthe "edocs" to download your booklet.  You only need to print page 19 for your luggage tag

If you cannot find your luggage tags no worries,the porter who accepts luggage at the pier can write one up.  Be sure it has the correct deck and cabin# and watch them attach it, tip accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked a cruise about 2 months ago for April 2023. I have downloaded the app and I see the cruise is paid and stateroom and muster station information, but I have not yet received  the E-docs yet, which I only found out about the document through a posting. I have only received an payment acknowledgement from Royal Caribbean. Can someone tell me when will the so called E-dock/ cruise booklet  be sent out?

3 hours ago, Attila B said:

I have booked a cruise about 2 months ago for April 2023. I have downloaded the app and I see the cruise is paid and stateroom and muster station information, but I have not yet received  the E-docs yet, which I only found out about the document through a posting. I have only received an payment acknowledgement from Royal Caribbean. Can someone tell me when will the so called E-dock/ cruise booklet  be sent out?

Welcome to the boards! eDocs are issued at 30 days prior.

On 2/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, Linda L said:

I leave tomorrow but can't find luggage tags but have checked in

Log in to your account on the website, you'll see "e-docs" listed under your reservation info, you may need to click "view more details".  Once you open the E-docs, the luggage tags are the last few pages. You don't NEED to print any of this, they can put tags on your bags when you check in at the port. 

Edited to add: Sorry, just saw that @Pattycruise posted this exact thing already!