Cruise Compass

KevinK

Recently just got off Oasis of the Seas, 7-8-22 to 7-15-22.  In the stateroom, I didn't get any cruise compass or any map.  On the day arrived at CocoCay beach, I see some people holding CocoCay map.  Did I miss anything?  Shouldn't the house cleaning person issue them every nite in your stateroom when they cleaning your room?  Did Royal Caribbean stop issuing out the cruise compass?

17 minutes ago, Stelkp said:

I was on the same sailing. We got cruise compasses everyday and the cococay map 2 days before the cococay day. 
How was your cruise? I found it to be very crowded. I expected that though. 

Hi, I think the ship was too big.  I think I prefer a medium ship.  I was on the central park balcony on 11th floor.  Yes it is crowded.  On the other cruise cruise before, every evening when I get back to my room, I get cruise compass.  For this, I didn't get anything at all.. I was very surprise.  The food is just ok.  I did wrote an review when I came back..  Breakfast & lunch at main diner wasn't good..  Other than that I enjoy my relaxing cruise..  Also, the only think I didn't like about it was the bathroom sink.  Too small and too low.  This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise.  I have 3 more cruise coming up.  Oct 22, 2022 Bermuda on Adventure of the Seas.  April 23, 2023 Bahamas on Anthem of the Seas & May 11, 2023 Alaska on Ovation of the Seas.  Hope they will be better than my first one.

11 hours ago, KevinK said:

I didn't know I have to ask.  I though it's automatic drop every nite.

It used to be, but on some sailings I've been on recently I think they are trying to promote more use of the App and don't automatically leave the compass.  Personally I'm ok with not get all the "sale" paper that I just throw away without looking at.

Just like I'm also glad to see them doing away with printing every photo and then having to trash most of them.

Next time if you don't get a compass the first night tell your stateroom attendant you'd like one. 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:35 PM, CruiseGus said:

It used to be, but on some sailings I've been on recently I think they are trying to promote more use of the App and don't automatically leave the compass.  Personally I'm ok with not get all the "sale" paper that I just throw away without looking at.

Just like I'm also glad to see them doing away with printing every photo and then having to trash most of them.

Next time if you don't get a compass the first night tell your stateroom attendant you'd like one. 

Good to know.  While I agree with you that not printing so much is much better for the environment.  I do want a compass and map mainly for my kids.  My two oldest will like looking and reading compass and picking stuff out.  If it was just hubby and I app would be fine.  So I am glad we can still request if needed.

After sailing started after the shutdown the Cruise Compass was issued in the staterooms on an "as requested" basis due to the release of the Royal App. The wife likes to look at the printed version as there is information that is not available on the app but she schedules everything on the app. We request it from our stateroom attendant as soon as we get to our room and there has never been an issue. Lately we have not seen any copies out at Guest Services.