Can you now bring alcohol to your cabin from a port stop?

mac66

When we were on Celebrity in March we bought some booze to bring back at one of the ports. It wasn't confiscated when we went back on board.  On a subsequent cruise we bought a bottle in the ships store the second day and was able to take it back to the cabin.

Is this change in policy unique to Celebrity or does Royal now allow booze, from port and the store?

Our next cruise is on Celebrity but on Royal after that one.

When we last sailed on RCI we bought booze in the store on Thursday (Sun-Sun cruise) and were surprised they let us take it back to our cabin. We didn't have a drink package (we are Diamonds) but opened it and supplemented our Diamond drinks.

The first X cruise we did this year we didn't have a drink package and was able to bring booze back from our first port. The second X we had a drink package but brought a couple bottles back.

Not really an issue on an upcoming X cruise, we have a drink package but curious about the RCI cruise after that.

Most definitely a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing.  We were in Jamaica one time and walking back to the ship, a guy was selling 6 packs of Red Stripe at the end of the pier.  I said that they would not let it be brought on the ship and he stated that they would. Anyway, the price was right, and I thought what the heck, so I bought two 6 packs.  Sure enough, the crew let it pass. So I'd have a cold Red Stripe (or two) out on the balcony while Mrs Fan was getting ready for dinner each night.

I guess it depends on the mood of the crew that day or it was such a small amount that they just let it go.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:44 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

The policy is quite clear that the answer is no, you cannot purchase alcohol on shore and bring it on board for consumption.  If you happen to encounter someone who let's you do it, that does not mean the policy has changed.

The policy may have changed in fact if not in word.  If someone happens to buy and bring back booze to their cabin from the ships store and/or shore I'd appreciate knowing.

On my recently Oasis 7-8 to 7-15.  I purchased Hennessey white on second day, of my cruise they told me they will deliver it to my room on my last day of sailing.  Then day 4 at Bahamas bought some alcohol, while getting back on board, they took it and said it will deliver it to my room on last day.  Then on 6th day, I went to buy more Hennessey white, the lady said I can pick it up next day after 10am.  This was on a 7 night Bahamas cruise. 

My son purchased alcohol onboard last day and it was handed to him.  The comment was, it is after 3pm it won't make it to the deliveries.
I was able to do the same on my next cruise, purchase late in the day and they gave it to me to take back to my cabin and I was on  a back to back.  It clearly states B2B cruisers will not receive their alcohol on the first leg and will receive it on the last night of their 2nd leg. So, apparently it is not marked in the computer, or they are overwhelmed or uneducated to policy and are just handing it over.
Also, I had made an alcohol purchase at Halifax, the "guy" at security said "you're supposed to stop and check it in"....and he waved at the table.  I had the feeling if I did not stop no one would have said anything.  When I did stop, they seemed surprised I did.  

On 7/19/2022 at 11:44 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

The policy is quite clear that the answer is no, you cannot purchase alcohol on shore and bring it on board for consumption.  If you happen to encounter someone who let's you do it, that does not mean the policy has changed.

This