Almost Sold Out Cruise

So, my cruise (August 13, 2022 Adventure of the Seas to Bermuda) is no longer listed in the booking section of RC.  I called today to find out if there might be any rooms available as I am trying to find a way to bring my daughter and also my niece along on this cruise.  I have one of my daughters booked in my room.  Therefore I need another balcony room for the other 2 OR a larger room for 4 adults to share.  The Royal service rep this morning told me that the cruise is not quite sold out so perhaps I could find a room by trying to contact other Royal travel partners or booking apps.  He told me if his system was showing RED then there would be nothing.  But his system is showing YELLOW so that means there is availability somewhere.  As far as trying to book with Royal I will need to keep checking the website to see if cancellations occur that would make this cruise pop up again on the booking site.  I can also keep calling hoping I catch a cancellation that I can book!  

Anyone know of any other way to find a room on an almost sold out cruise??

At this point you are at the mercy of someone cancelling.

Check back often.  Someone will cancel for some reason.  When they cancel their cabin may appear in inventory but if someone else grabs it you are out of luck.  

As far as cabin type you likely won't have many choices.  If someone cancels it will be their exact cabin that becomes available.  

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Try expedia cruises or cruise.com. The may have blocks set aside that RC can't sell itself.

What the agent is saying is that there are rooms available, but just none in RC's bucket left to sell.

Tried both plus more.  Exactly what I was thinking as far as availability.  Thanks for answering

I'm, once again, not saying this is for sure BUT, this is my opinion:  I think that Royal's site, et al, shows rooms not available when there are actually lots of rooms available.  What a better way to get you to book NOW, no procrastination, than by giving you the impression that the ship, or your desired category, is almost sold out and Royal, et al, sells cabins at a greater profit?  I'm a capitalist and don't have a problem with profit, BTW!  So, when my wife or I start looking for a cruise, we don't buy into the getting close to being SOLD OUT mantra, that's several months to more than a year out.  Our next cruise we have booked is on the Harmony in Jan 2024, the first time we looked, all the 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suites were not available.  A few months later, voila, several 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suites are available.  

And yes, there are companies out there that do purchase large blocks of Cruise Cabins and Airline seats at huge discounts and then resell them.  Which can cause certain categories of cabins to sell out early.  

Now, in your case @PPPJJ-GCVAB, your cruise is drawing near and it may very well be getting close to "SOLD OUT".   Have you tried any of the big box TAs, like cruises.com or cruisesonly.com.  I'm thinking that they are the types of companies that purchase large blocks of cruise cabins.  I've never had a problem getting the category of cabin from cruisesonly.com.  That's not advertising, I don't like dealing with them.  But, any port in a storm.  

5 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

Now, in your case @PPPJJ-GCVAB, your cruise is drawing near and it may very well be getting close to "SOLD OUT".   Have you tried any of the big box TAs, like cruises.com or cruisesonly.com.  I'm thinking that they are the types of companies that purchase large blocks of cruise cabins.  I've never had a problem getting the category of cabin from cruisesonly.com.  That's not advertising, I don't like dealing with them.  But, any port in a storm.  

So, yes I tried cruises.com and icruises.com and cruisesonly.com and Expedia and Orbitz and also called Harr Travel, as suggested above.  None have the option to book for this sailing.  I believe my only possibility is to call Royal as often as I think about it to check for cancellations.  It is 6 weeks away so you never know what can happen in that timeframe.  We’ll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the suggestions…much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So, yes I tried cruises.com and icruises.com and cruisesonly.com and Expedia and Orbitz and also called Harr Travel, as suggested above.  None have the option to book for this sailing.  I believe my only possibility is to call Royal as often as I think about it to check for cancellations.  It is 6 weeks away so you never know what can happen in that timeframe.  We’ll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the suggestions…much appreciated.

Your welcome.  I like to try to help.  It doesn't always work out though.  😡

FWIW, my 7/15 cruise was showing “Sold out” except for one Junior Suite 15 days out.

The next day, exactly 2 weeks out (could be a coincidence or not), there were a handful of rooms available in multiple categories. I was checking b/c I was hoping to switch out of my assigned GTY cabin. Then, as luck would have it, I received a winning RoyalUp e-mail for a small upgrade.

So anyway, I agree with your conclusion to keep checking with RC (and don’t give up on checking the website). Hope it works out!