Bed set up?

9 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

How do they know if you want the beds together or apart in your room? Do you tell your cabin steward when you arrive?

Also, my husband is a cover hog - do you think they'd let us have the "Queen" set up but have two top sheet/blanket sets, or would that be too much to ask?

When you become a Crown and Anchor member, you can establish preferences.  One used to accomplish this online at the CAS website, but now you call.   Another recent thread has the phone number (thanks to Twangster).  That said, if your preferences aren't followed, the posted advice to talk to your steward will fix everything.  But I strongly recommend setting up your CAS account after your first cruise.

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

When you become a Crown and Anchor member, you can establish preferences.  One used to accomplish this online at the CAS website, but now you call.   Another recent thread has the phone number (thanks to Twangster).  That said, if your preferences aren't followed, the posted advice to talk to your steward will fix everything.  But I strongly recommend setting up your CAS account after your first cruise.

This is our third Royal cruise and we do have the C&A accounts (all 4 of us) but this is the first time we've had a separate room from the kids, so I don't know if their preferences were ever recorded. I thought I remembered submitting this online before the cruise in the past (I might be remembering wrong!) but we haven't cruised since 2017 so it feels like everything has changed. Is the CAS site different than the Royal site? Also we used a Royal TA so maybe she put that in for us already. She knows that one room is for a married couple and the other is for 2 kids, so even though she didn't ask, maybe she just put it in already...

I personally think it’s magic. 🤷‍♂️

A few years ago I did a back to back, the first week with my wife and for the second she went home and our son joined me. 

The beds were together for my wife and I, and they were separated when I went back in after doing the back to back turnaround despite not saying anything to our steward. 

Ok, I don’t really think it’s magic. My point is that room stewards are very observant and want to make things right for your needs.  Don’t hesitate to ask if you need more blankets, beds changed, etc. 

On my first cruises it wasn't an issue having a single bed so I have to figure they usually leave it as a single bed, not sure if it's a queen or a king, lol.  Anyway on my most recent one there was NO WAY I was sleeping with my girlfriends son.... Sorry I would have made him sleep on the couch or split the bed myself and left him with no sheet or blanket, LOL.  

Anyway as soon as we hit the ship I stopped by guest services to let them have housekeeping know that the bed needed to be split so hopefully they could catch it before it was turned over.  Around 1:30 after getting some things scheduled, having lunch, and getting Max acquainted to the ship a bit so he could get around on his own, or find people to help him get around if he gets lost, or find a map, or give up and go sleep on a deck chair, LOL.  We stopped in at the room to get our keys and see if the bed was split.  Our attendant was nearby and asked how we were and everything.  After getting the door open and seeing the bed was not split I stuck my head out and our attendant asked how everything was and I let her know the bed needed to be split.  She said she would absolutely get that done and I cracked a joke about sleeping with his mom and not wanting to sleep in the same bed as him and I was gonna make him sleep on the couch.  We had a nice laugh and a chat about my wife as she was also from Jamaica.  As we were getting ready to go she said not to worry about the bed to Max which got her a smile from him.  I told her she had as long as she needed till around 10 pm as that is when my internal clock likes to shut it down.  

By the time we were back in the room the bed was split and we were all setup.  I left her a little more than I normally do because I know that it's tough and I left a couple bucks for the attendant that was for the room right next to ours as she had helped split the beds for us.  

Didn't know that I could set a room preference for the bed in the C&S profile.  I wonder if they can set a preference based on if it's my girlfriend going with me or her son.  That would be nice to have.

Heard back from my TA - she did it for us when she booked but didn't mention it. She just assumed (accurately) that we (parents) wanted the beds together and the kids wanted them separate. She also said that she would put in the request for extra blankets but don't count on it and just ask the attendant if we don't have them.