Shows on Odyssey of the Seas

KrisD

We’re on Odyssey right now (2/12-2/20). Only things to add is that you still need to book time slots for iFLY and the North Star whether paid (sea day) or complimentary (port day). We’re booked on both for complimentary slots.

For our sailing at least, both Showgirl! and The Effectors are not on the entertainment schedule. Crew explained the original cast contracts had ended and the new cast is still rehearsing. They only have a “special preview” of The Effectors on the final evening of our sailing. I would expect both shows to return before your sailing.

Also, if you are interested in Zone Zero (virtual reality room), book it right away on day 1! It did not appear right away on the Royal app when we boarded and when I found it the next morning it was fully reserved for the week!

Have an amazing time!

We were just on Odyssey from January 29-February 6.

The Book in Two70 was the only show that required a reservation. The Royal Theater shows (Showgirl, The Effectors, Dance/Music/Comedy) were "first come, first served" and usually had two showings.

This probably has to do with the limited seating in Two70 which has become even more limited by "Unavailable" seats for social distancing.

As @twangstersaid, iFly and NorthStar have complimentary times available on port days with "pay for" options on sea days.

FYI: Look into booking the "Swashbuckler" Virtual Reality experience at Zone Zero in the SeaPlex! $18pp and worth every penny! Slots book up fast and become periodically available throughout the cruise.

6 hours ago, KLA said:

Just to add on - definitely make sure you reserve the Book. It is by far my favorite show I've seen on a Royal ship besides the Aqua Theater shows.

And we thought it was, by far, the worst show we've seen on an Oasis or Quantum class ship.  But, since one never knows if they'll like it until they see it, making sure it's booked right away is important.  It was canceled twice in the beginning of our sailing, which is why I always book early in the week (in case they need to do a make up performance).

I agree… book The Book and make your own decision. Like other Royal productions (like Blue Planet on Allure) the technology and performers are amazing, but the story lacks any cohesiveness or continuity IMHO. We just saw it on Day 1 of our cruise (this past Saturday). Many people were confused while others loved it. I would see it and form your own opinion for sure.

What is the earliest you can book these activities, specially the free ones.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:28 AM, JohnK6404 said:

We’re on Odyssey right now (2/12-2/20). Only things to add is that you still need to book time slots for iFLY and the North Star whether paid (sea day) or complimentary (port day). We’re booked on both for complimentary slots.

For our sailing at least, both Showgirl! and The Effectors are not on the entertainment schedule. Crew explained the original cast contracts had ended and the new cast is still rehearsing. They only have a “special preview” of The Effectors on the final evening of our sailing. I would expect both shows to return before your sailing.

Also, if you are interested in Zone Zero (virtual reality room), book it right away on day 1! It did not appear right away on the Royal app when we boarded and when I found it the next morning it was fully reserved for the week!

Have an amazing time!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 7:28 AM, JohnK6404 said:

Have an amazing time!

This is great information. Thank you. I do have one question, I cant seem to find where "Zone Zero" located on the ship.  Do you mind telling me what deck and what area? and is there any other place to book it besides the "app"?  Anywhere on ship to book?

1 hour ago, ambica97 said:

This is great information. Thank you. I do have one question, I cant seem to find where "Zone Zero" located on the ship.  Do you mind telling me what deck and what area? and is there any other place to book it besides the "app"?  Anywhere on ship to book?

Zone Zero is on the starboard side of the ship, just forward of the SeaPlex.

14 hours ago, ambica97 said:

Deck 15, Starboard side Forward corner of the Sea Plex. Aside from the App, you can also book at a service desk next to Zone Zero.

Keep in mind that Times and Dates become available throughout the cruise, so it may be best to keep checking back on the app for availability.

We wanted to book at the desk on Day 2, but no slots were available. The crew member at the desk give us the tip to keep checking the app because more slots would become available and that they fill up fast.

image.thumb.png.e8727c74e29d2735796c72d31d8a8443.png