Izumi Hibachi NOT included in dining packages on the Wonder?

PG Cruiser

Someone on Facebook spotted this fine print on the Royal App for the Wonder.  I've always used the UDP at Izumi Hibachi.  In the Cruise Planner, Izumi Hibachi is still included in the UDP with a $10 surcharge.  So why does it say in the app that it is not included?  How can we verify this?

743224717_ScreenShot2022-02-09at6_57_10AM.thumb.png.ffaac5e2811712461f4c69eea1a92309.png

Log into the cruise planner and read the verbiage for UDP.  Historically the UDP does not include Hibachi (but does offer a small upcharge option to book Hibachi).

So technically the app is correct.  UDP does not include Hibachi.  That's not to say the small upcharge option doesn't or won't exist on board.  Time will tell.  

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

So technically the app is correct.  UDP does not include Hibachi.

This is the verbiage in the new Cruise Planner format.  It is quite clear the Teppanyai/Izumi Hibachi is included.

I wish Royal would provide consistent information across all platforms - website, app, social media, print, and even phone support.  I feel at times Royal is thriving on ambiguity and confusion.

1735062159_ScreenShot2022-02-09at10_04_02AM.png.dd50358f1be0b0939b9335778bf3d19b.png

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

This is the verbiage in the new Cruise Planner format.  It is quite clear the Teppanyai/Izumi Hibachi is included.

I wish Royal would provide consistent information across all platforms - website, app, social media, print, and even phone support.  I feel at times Royal is thriving on ambiguity and confusion.

1735062159_ScreenShot2022-02-09at10_04_02AM.png.dd50358f1be0b0939b9335778bf3d19b.png

Here is the MOST simple way to figure this out:

UDP + $10 = Hibachi.

So....UDP alone does not include hibachi.  

The equivalent analogy is the UBP.  You can get any glass of wine up to $13, but if you want one that costs $18, you can do so with the UBP PLUS $5.

10 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Here is the MOST simple way to figure this out:

UDP + $10 = Hibachi.

So....UDP alone does not include hibachi.  

The equivalent analogy is the UBP.  You can get any glass of wine up to $13, but if you want one that costs $18, you can do so with the UBP PLUS $5.

Royal should not pass on the task of interpreting their communications to us consumers.  They should hire better communicators.

When the original UDP first came out the Hibachi was not included and there was no upcharge option to get there.  Of course some ships let it work and others didn't.  Some ships let it work on day one only, some never did.  

When the new UDP was introduced the upcharge appeared in the verbiage.  Some ships didn't get the memo.  

So there is little surprise.  

Ask me on March 5th.