Boardwalk balcony cabin room ?

PJC

Looking for advice/ opinions on a Boardwalk balcony room. 
We have been allocated this room type on Harmony in May -Im very worried room will be super noisy as it’s at very back of ship Do you think I should try and change the room or do you think there is nothing to worry about - Has anyone been in this room type before & experienced any issues  Many thanks for any advice 

It could get noisy specially when the ships were sailing at full capacity. I personally prefer a Central Park balcony for that very reason. Central Park balconies tend to be priced same or lower than a boardwalk balcony. Another option is to explore paying for an upgrade to an ocean view balcony or bidding for an upgrade thru RoyalUp.

We were just in one of these on Harmony in September, although in our case it was by choice. Ours was #11319, so just a few from the back. We did not notice any noise and we liked the room. We enjoyed looking down onto the boardwalk. The one thing you do have to remember is to close the curtains if you're doing anything that's best unseen because the people in the cabins opposite will be able to see into yours and you into theirs.

We had a boardwalk balcony on Oasis a few weeks ago....also on deck 11 about 6 cabins from the end and we loved it.  You could hear some noise but nothing that made it non-enjoyable.  You can see action on the boardwalk, out to the ocean and the balconies can be open up between cabins if needed.  The central park balconies would definitely be quieter but as far as privacy goes they would have the same set up.  

Glad to hear that they don't seem to be that noisy because that was a concern I had.  I have booked one for my Sweetie and me on Wonder Of The Seas for a 7-night Western Mediterranean out of Barcelona on 14 August and it was a hell of a deal.  This special pricing did not show up on Royal Caribbean's website at all, this is apparently a Travelocity only exclusive, I'm guessing they must have bought a huge block of rooms in these 2 specific categories and are now trying to unload them at bargain rates.  They advertised inside guarantee cabins for $604 per person, and we got the boardwalk balcony guarantee cabin for $694 per person.  At prices like that I literally could not believe it, the Travelocity listing said that this rate is set to expire on 31 January so if anybody else out there wants to give it a go I'd hurry.

We had one on Oasis a few years ago and was fine. I picked cabin 11329 because it was close to the back and you could see the water shows as well as the sea from our balcony. I was a little worried it would be loud but it wasn't unless a show was going on and even then it wasn't bad. I ended up watching a different water show from the one we had booked from out balcony and it was great! 

I had a boardwalk Balcony on Symphony last November. The water slides obstructed the view to the aquatic show, but I liked looking over the boardwalk. I could see the ocean as well. I was very happy with the room. During the day, the noise with the balcony doors open was a little bit much. With the doors closed you could not hear a thing. At night there was so little noise on the boardwalk it wasn't noticeable with the doors open.  Great room great cruise, loved it!

We stayed in one on Symphony (about half way down) and have this room type booked again on Oasis next year.  You'll get different opinions but we really enjoyed the room.  It can be noisy during movies and the Aqua show but wasn't a big deal for us and it's not like these go all night.  We found the room fun to people walk and see what was going on on the boardwalk and just step out for some fresh air.  We haven't stayed in a Central Park room yet but selected Boardwalk again on Oasis over Central Park as we like that you can still see the water in the distance.

I stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony on Symphony. It never got too loud at all unless the Aqua Show was going on. Then you could definitely hear the music, but those shows usually aren't every night and they aren't too long of shows. When there wasn't a show going on, there were people below but if your door was closed I don't remember hearing much noise. 

We were on the 11th deck. I suppose if you are lower it might be a little louder. 

On the positive side, it's a fun view and something a little different than simply an ocean view balcony. Depending on where you are, you can usually see ocean and out behind the ship from your balcony. In the morning, it's actually pretty peaceful back there. We really liked it.