Taking Wine Onboard

Ed MacLean

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can take your glass with you wherever you would like. The only rule when it comes to wine is if you bring the bottle to a restaurant and expect them to open and pour it for you they may charge a corkage fee.

I bring mine to dinner and have rarely been charged the corkage fee.  I did have one waiter that charged it on one bottle, but not the other - definitely odd. Either way it is way less expensive than buying a bottle in the MDR.

4 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I bring mine to dinner and have rarely been charged the corkage fee.  I did have one waiter that charged it on one bottle, but not the other - definitely odd. Either way it is way less expensive than buying a bottle in the MDR.

Definitely cheaper! I've never brought wine on, so I haven't experienced the corkage fee or lack of corkage fee. I know some cruise lines charge the fee at the point the wine is brought on board, which to me makes no sense to call it a corkage fee at that point.

I bring my own corkscrew too though the screw top bottles are becoming more popular! You can ask the cabin steward for glasses or a bar.  I also have poured wine into my Yeti and carried that around.  No one says anything, you can probably drink from the bottle and no one would say anything (though they might stare! LOL)

I take one of these with me almost everywhere. It will fit a full bottle of wine in it. We actually went off the ship and through the check in process while on a B2B with it full of wine. No one said a thing. It was a good day to say the least. I actually did a livestream after getting back on the ship that day. 

c6df04f9-124d-4ab6-9495-dc5c135c7207_1.c

We bring our two bottles with us and pour our own.  Screw top are convenient but we have a small corkscrew just in case.  Just ask for wine glasses.  Our room attendant brought us some without asking.

No issues walking around with a bottle or glasses.  Great for Central Park entertainment to sit there and enjoy your wine.

I have seen others pour their wine into large yeti containers and even clear water bottles so they have wine on the go.