Jump to content

Souvenir freestyle cups


Recommended Posts

My question is can I take the souvenir cup from one ship using the freestyle machine to another ship a few months later and use this cup on a new ship or will the cup be deactivated to be used on a different sailing. 

 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Matt changed the title to Souvenir freestyle cups

On our last two cruises (August and November 2021) they did not put the cups in the rooms and you just went to any bar location to get your cup if you wanted it.  Since we don't really use the Freestyle machines and don't carry the cups, we didn't get the cup on one cruise and waited a few days on the second cruise since she wanted Powerade Zero which is in the Freestyle machines.

 

since we mostly tossed the cup at the end of the trip, this was a nice way to help the environment and not have to get the cup if we didn't really need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

since we mostly tossed the cup at the end of the trip, this was a nice way to help the environment and not have to get the cup if we didn't really need it.

We use to toss ours also but we have learned our local Senior Living Center will accept them and hand them out as prizes for Bingo...Supposedly its a big hit with the Seniors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, Psycho and Barb said:

We use to toss ours also but we have learned our local Senior Living Center will accept them and hand them out as prizes for Bingo...Supposedly its a big hit with the Seniors. 

Yes, between the cups we get at the theme parks and on the ships, we collect quite a lot.  Thank you for the suggestion.

 

The theme park ones can be reactivated when we go (we just pay for it).  So I'm 100% sure RCCL can do it, but not sure they would/do.  It's an interesting question, though.  Would remove a lot of waste for regular cruisers.  Saves them money and helps the environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, FF86 said:

The theme park ones can be reactivated when we go (we just pay for it).  So I'm 100% sure RCCL can do it, but not sure they would/do.  It's an interesting question, though.  Would remove a lot of waste for regular cruisers.  Saves them money and helps the environment.

Royal's are single use.  

There are large volumes of cups that the system has never seen so they are accepted.  Once accepted the timer starts for the duration of that cruise plus one day (at least used to be that way).

I tend not to use my cup when getting the deluxe package.  One time I took a cup that was several years old that I had never put in a Freestyle machine (or removed the cellophane).  I brought it with me on a new cruise.  It activated in the system normally.  Their system just knows that these tens of thousands of chips are valid whenever they are first registered in the system.  That makes distribution much easier as they don't have to track which batch of chips went on what ship, etc. and no humans get involved so no labor other than handing out the cups.

To reuse a cup and reactivate it requires IT infrastructure which isn't Royal's strong suit.  They are willing to put technology on to their ships but they implement very little technology on land or in their back office systems on land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...