Do I have to carry my phone on board?

Hi, I just got off a cruise on another line (and trust me, that won't happen again - didn't come close to RC) - we had to have our phone in order to access menus, drink menus, schedule, dining check--in, etc... I strongly disliked it. There were no paper menus or daily schedules at all. Is this the case on Royal post covid as well? We loved cruises pre-covid because it allowed up to unplug completely. Unfortunately, we noticed that almost everyone was always on their phone at meals and elsewhere because you had to carry it. Is this going to be the case on Liberty for us on our cruise next week?

I just got off of Allure. I carried my phone (cuz that's just me), but my husband never touched his the entire sailing.  We always got paper menus at restaurants, and Cruise Compasses were delivered to our rooms every night.  The only places that didn't have full menus out were in the bars, but they were happy to hand you one if you wanted to.  You don't need your phone at all if you don't want to use it.

We also tend to put our phones in the safe as soon as we get our stateroom...and don't take them out until we leave.  I'm a bit old fashioned that way (even though my job is in technology...lol).

So it's good to hear that you can still get paper menus and cruise compasses.  Only thing I may want my phone for is that it has great descriptions of the drinks at various venues... but I'm hoping that you can still see a drink menu if requested.

Despite the push for using the app, once you complete the e-muster you do not actually need your phone again. I carried mine because I'm a millennial and I liked having access to it for quick photo taking, but my mom pretty much always left hers in the room and was fine. She referred to the cruise compass for anything she needed to know and after the first night we got paper menus in all the eating venues without them even asking.