Izumi

Pooch

Looking to treat the family sushi lovers to a meal at Izumi.  Is it necessary to prepurchase this?  Can I just make a reservation for them and have whatever they spend charged to my on board account?  We will have access to the suite concierge so can I just wait til then & have him/her make the reservation?  Is there any benefit to prepaying?

So for an individual restaurant (we don’t need either the 3 day or the UDP) there’s no advantage to early booking?  And it looks like doing so gives you a somewhat prie fixe menu including app & dessert.  I think they’d rather choose an assortment of sushi rolls to share.

It's likely that the onboard price is going to be more than the Cruise Planner price for Izumi but how much more is the question.  If your cruise is in 2021 you can probably purchase the meal through the CP without paying the up-front separate gratuity but if you wait until you board, they will almost certainly pay a separate grat on top of whatever the base price is.

Even if you prepay you can still have the Concierge make your reservations for you.  

But it’s an ala carte menu so if they don’t want the app & dessert that comes with the  prepurchase, they can just order what they want? Yes?  I am not necessarily looking for the lowest price but for them to get whatever they want.  I also assume this can all be charged to my on board account via my son’s seapass card linked to my CC?

6 hours ago, Pooch said:

Looking to treat the family sushi lovers to a meal at Izumi.  Is it necessary to prepurchase this?  Can I just make a reservation for them and have whatever they spend charged to my on board account?  We will have access to the suite concierge so can I just wait til then & have him/her make the reservation?  Is there any benefit to prepaying?

Yep, just give it to your concierge when they contact you. Easy Peasy.

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The pre-purchase for Izumi sushi is a pre fixe menu, so you're better off just making the reservation and paying at the restaurant. 

However, you may need to check if you can authorize it to be charged to your onboard account if you won't be there with them to give your card at the end of the meal.

My (adult) son will be there and his on board account will have my CC attached so I don’t think that will be an issue.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, Pooch said:

But it’s an ala carte menu so if they don’t want the app & dessert that comes with the  prepurchase, they can just order what they want? Yes?  I am not necessarily looking for the lowest price but for them to get whatever they want.  I also assume this can all be charged to my on board account via my son’s seapass card linked to my CC?

‘Here’s an example of the pre-paid menu from Symphony.  Each person picks 1 small plate, 2 large plates, and 1 dessert.

The ala-carte menu is the same except it has prices and you order whatever you want.  If you eat there as part of a UDP, then each person gets $35, so anything over $70 total for 2 people would be an extra cost at the end of the meal.  Yes, it can be charged to his seapass card and anything he charges to it will go on your credit card if that’s how it’s setup.

25BCA7BC-CFC0-4D0D-B4BC-4797F8A3DAEC.jpeg

Yes, that is what I saw.  I expect they won’t want the small plate or a dessert so the prie fixe menu doesn’t make sense.  I expect them to order an assortment of large plates.  I don’t see prices on the menu you posted but I think they range from $13-17 each so for around the same price, they can get 6-8 rolls to share.  Makes more sense to me.

13 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Yes, that is what I saw.  I expect they won’t want the small plate or a dessert so the prie fixe menu doesn’t make sense.  I expect them to order an assortment of large plates.  I don’t see prices on the menu you posted but I think they range from $13-17 each so for around the same price, they can get 6-8 rolls to share.  Makes more sense to me.

The app shows the al a carte prices for the individual rolls, and your estimate range looks correct with most of the specialty rolls on the list at $13. Here are a couple screen shots from the Oasis Sept. 5 sailing. Of course the prices could be updated closer to sailing, but it looks like you are in the ballpark. 

Screenshot_20210701-071405_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20210701-072043_Royal.jpg