Carnival Sailing out of Galveston

My wife spotted this on her Galveston Facebook page for July sailings. Maybe our July 4th Liberty sailing may be saved after all.? They list one on July 3rd and one on the 15th out of Galveston as well as one out of Miami July 4th.

IMG_1086.PNG

Edited by CrznTxn
update

I just watched a you tuber who said he booked a cruise on the Carnival ship leaving out of Miami on July 4th. he is claiming that the carnival agent he booked with said being vaccinated was not a requirement to sail.

hmmm... I find this very interesting if true. Could be the Carnival agent was misinformed? It’s my understanding that if a ship doesn’t meet the 98% of crew and 95% of passengers required then test sailings have to take place first. So how could Carnival sail on July 4th without the vaccination requirements? Is their plan to have test cruises in June and somehow be fast tracked approval to sail on July 4th? 

Big caveat here... this is anecdotal until official word from Carnival but if correct, how would this be possible logistically with the cdc?

6 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

I just watched a you tuber who said he booked a cruise on the Carnival ship leaving out of Miami on July 4th. he is claiming that the carnival agent he booked with said being vaccinated was not a requirement to sail.

hmmm... I find this very interesting if true. Could be the Carnival agent was misinformed? It’s my understanding that if a ship doesn’t meet the 98% of crew and 95% of passengers required then test sailings have to take place first. So how could Carnival sail on July 4th without the vaccination requirements? Is their plan to have test cruises in June and somehow be fast tracked approval to sail on July 4th? 

Big caveat here... this is anecdotal until official word from Carnival but if correct, how would this be possible logistically with the cdc?

Carnival also announced they would resume in August 2020. ?

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Didn't someone post at some point that the Carnival brass wasn't interested in a vaccination mandate?

They must be rolling the dice with the lawsuit or something else they have up their sleeves.

How would they have time to pull off a July sailing? Its my understanding that if they do not go with the 98% crew and 95% passenger vaccination then they need to do test sailings. They need to give 30 day notice to CDC for testing cruising. Have they already done that? if not, if they did it today, 30 days out is June 11. The CDC has 5 days to reply to test sailing request. 5 calendar days? 5 business days? June 11 is a friday. So assume its calendar days in best case. That means that Carnival would have full CDC permission to do test sailings by June 16th. So Carnival to sail on July 3rd as announced. They would have to complete test cruise(s) and get CDC approval to sail in a 2 week period. I am sorry but the logistics of this plan under my understanding of the CDC framework doesnt make sense. But maybe the July sailings with Carnival will end up being test cruises. So many questions. It will be interesting to see Carnival fill in all the details here.

And as an aside, why is Royal always the last of the major cruise lines to announce cancellations?

Two of the Carnival ships listed sailing out of Galveston have been in port there getting all of their crew vaccinated. Not all their ships are in port doing this but the ones they mention starting have. Easy enough to achieve the 98% for the crew and they can require the COVID documentation for the 95% passengers. No restrictions for having to show documentation of proof of vaccination out of Texas as of yet.

So maybe either:

A. Vaccine requirement coming soon.

B.  The CDC approval process has already began behind the scenes.

C. They have inside info on hearing today or are banking on CDC being heavily restricted.

D. They have no true intention of sailing in July but keeping options open in case something changes.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:19 AM, Heymarco said:

So maybe either:

A. Vaccine requirement coming soon.

B.  The CDC approval process has already began behind the scenes.

C. They have inside info on hearing today or are banking on CDC being heavily restricted.

D. They have no true intention of sailing in July but keeping options open in case something changes.

“D”