Jump to content

Using Loyalty benefits on Celebrity cruises


Mike.s
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know we are able to recieve the loyalty benefits we have earned with RC when sailing with Celebrity, how exactly do we register this when making a Celebrity cruise?

Had a look at the FAQ and couldn't see how to register our RC status with Celebrity.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I recall...

When I registered for an account there was a field to enter my Crown and Anchor number. Once that was entered Celebrity's side reflected the correct status.

Keep in mind only Royal Platinum and above will have conversion with Celebrity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should be automatic.

Try logging into Celebrity's site using your Royal credentials.  There you should see your Celebrity loyalty number and your status earned through "recognition".  

Also, log into Royal.  In your profile you should see your Celebrity loyalty number.  Mine is different from Royal but the same as Azamara.

Once logged in click the circle in the upper right.

2046719671_Brandnumbers1.jpg.c45a6ee2adfbc246e53a16169cbbb9bb.jpg

 

 

Next click "My Loyalty"

504711419_Brandnumbers2.jpg.54f31093832434e1ee62a9fd3e782222.jpg

 

Your numbers should be displayed for each program.

1692314880_Brandnumbers3.jpg.836b32b10076cf2b00c83184e490b769.jpg

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

The sad thing about Azamara leaving RCG full reciprocity in point between Celebrity and Azamara.  Whereas points can't be added between RCL and Celebrity BUT tier levels are honored.   ie  Elite = Diamond level, but the point values are different.

With Always Included what exactly are the perks for being Elite?

A frequent Celebrity cruiser who comes over to Royal once in a while is probably getting the better deal out of their recognition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've used Celebrity perks on RCL cruises and yes, the Diamond Lounge perk beats anything Celebrity offers. Celebrity turned Michael's Club into a suite guests only lounge. On Celebrity, you can now use your 3 drinks allotment at any bar on board with a limited bar menu that's OK, not fabulous. But, hey, it's free drinks. You also get 240 minutes of Internet. Whoopee. 

Both those perks have been diluted now with Celebrity's "Everything Included" approach. You get the Classic Beverage Package which is also OK, not great (better than the Captains Club perk cocktail menu). You can upgrade to the Premium package on a per day basis charge paid in advance (everything and anything) and it's usually discounted both pre-cruise and maybe the first day depending on ships load factor. If you upgrade, all adult parties in your cabin have to upgrade. Internet is unlimited at the lower speeds. You can upgrade if you want to stream video content. Booking a suite gets you a premium beverage package and the upgraded Internet thing.

The laundry perk avoids washing undies and socks in the sink and for longer cruises, taking enough of those garments to last the entire cruise. We use it a lot. 

One thing we enjoyed on RCL with our Elite status from Celebrity is that drinks go from 5 - 8:30p on RCL, 5-7p on Celebrity. We dine late so that's real nice. Also enjoyed the Diamond Club and heavy hors d'oeuvres. There's bites on Celebrity if you go to the designated Captain's Club Lounge whihc may be at different locations on the ship. Thier OK but the spread in the Diamond Club is better.

We're actually Elite Plus on Celebrity which means about zilch and I might get to Zentih if I booked the owner's sweet 5x per year for the next 10y, or alternatively, booked OV or Veranda cabins  more than 20 cruises per year for the next 20 years ... heh. Hard to get to Zenith and every passenger I've met that got there was well into their 80s with 100 Celebrity cruises or more under their belts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

More readable I hope.

 

Elite.jpg

I believe you can reach Elite at a faster rate on Celebrity than Diamond on Royal because Celebrity offers greater opportunity for point award using a more aggressive scale of room class point award.  Royal uses 2 levels of point award;  1pt/night and 2pts/night for suite.  Celebrity "sliding scale" can get you up to 18 points/night if you're on the highest level suite.  So while you can up the tier levels faster, it will cost you more money Royal.  (Buying time is money)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JeffB said:

We've used Celebrity perks on RCL cruises and yes, the Diamond Lounge perk beats anything Celebrity offers. Celebrity turned Michael's Club into a suite guests only lounge. On Celebrity, you can now use your 3 drinks allotment at any bar on board with a limited bar menu that's OK, not fabulous. But, hey, it's free drinks. You also get 240 minutes of Internet. Whoopee. 

Both those perks have been diluted now with Celebrity's "Everything Included" approach. You get the Classic Beverage Package which is also OK, not great (better than the Captains Club perk cocktail menu). You can upgrade to the Premium package on a per day basis charge paid in advance (everything and anything) and it's usually discounted both pre-cruise and maybe the first day depending on ships load factor. If you upgrade, all adult parties in your cabin have to upgrade. Internet is unlimited at the lower speeds. You can upgrade if you want to stream video content. Booking a suite gets you a premium beverage package and the upgraded Internet thing.

The laundry perk avoids washing undies and socks in the sink and for longer cruises, taking enough of those garments to last the entire cruise. We use it a lot. 

One thing we enjoyed on RCL with our Elite status from Celebrity is that drinks go from 5 - 8:30p on RCL, 5-7p on Celebrity. We dine late so that's real nice. Also enjoyed the Diamond Club and heavy hors d'oeuvres. There's bites on Celebrity if you go to the designated Captain's Club Lounge whihc may be at different locations on the ship. Thier OK but the spread in the Diamond Club is better.

We're actually Elite Plus on Celebrity which means about zilch and I might get to Zentih if I booked the owner's sweet 5x per year for the next 10y, or alternatively, booked OV or Veranda cabins  more than 20 cruises per year for the next 20 years ... heh. Hard to get to Zenith and every passenger I've met that got there was well into their 80s with 100 Celebrity cruises or more under their belts. 

Yep!  I worked out a spreadsheet to see what it costs (many different rate assumptions - gave me a headache).  Turns out you can reach Pinnacle on Royal more affordably than Celebrity Zennith.  If you go the Celebrity low cost route its many years for an average traveler and the extra time (80s sounds about right & more cruises requires more $$ too, just at a different rate).  Celebrity doesn't have a Diamond lounge equivalent - you have to bump up to suite level for Michaels Club/Retreat.  I will contend the Celebrity Sky Suite level provides far better package than Royal Junior Suite.  As that gets you Retreat level and suite dining (Luminae), reserved seating for show on formal nights, while Jr Suite doesn't provide much love.  On Oasis you can eat in the Coastal Kitchen for dinner if space available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My question was rhetorical.  IMO Elite has been diluted since AI was introduced.  A bag of laundry.  Don't get me wrong, anything "free" is great but now that prices are up significantly if your don't drink a lot and all you needed were a few evening drinks then AI has made X look pretty unattractive unless you are a retreat guest.

It's like MSC.  Go Yacht Club or don't sail MSC.  Go Celebrity retreat or go Royal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those considering cruising on Celebrity ships, they're great if what you're looking for is an older demographic, almost zero kids if you cruise when schools are typically in session and, what Celebrity CEO, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, has aggressively pursued since taking that position, "an upscale experience" e.g., retreat level stuff. Every ship, following industry trends, now has an some level of exclusivity that include separate dining, pools and lounge areas. We've not partaken in any of that so, can't offer any real insight as to value but, one thing is certain, we don't feel any less well served if we book our typical Veranda or OV cabin and dine in the main dining room or any of the other available specialty restaurants.

One other note: This thing about X = excellence dating back to the late 90s before Celebrity was acquired by RCI is still present and how well this goes down onboard is very consistent between Celebrity's ships with minor variances depending on the Captain. When you are experiencing this, it is obvious that corporate has spelled out what is expected on their ships and this translates down to the Captains and from there to every Department head and then from their down to every service worker on the ship. It really is pretty amazing. It's a sign of great team building from the top down. All teams appear to have the same objective, customer satisfaction with the cruise experience on each ship. There's a lot of competition for recognition of that among staff and it's pretty obvious that corporate reads surveys and rewards/incentivizes crew members who perform.  

Edit: Comment on Twangster's post above. I don't think that there is any question that Perlo and her people have identified a population of cruisers who they are targeting that are willing to pay for exclusivity and onboard gambling, specialty dining and spa treatments - a long list of these that are very expensive and most likely highly profitable. The profits are in that approach not on folks who book inside cabins and spend nothing on anything else while aboard.

At the same time, I think she's listened to comments by those who are more price conscious that they don't want to get priced out of cruising. There's plenty of cruising opportunities aboard Celebrity ships for middle income, fixed at that, retirees ..... not to mention there are a bundle of us who have the time and the resources to spend money on cruising.  Can't ignore that population. I'll add that until the pandemic, base cruise fares across the industry have remained remarkably stable and a great value for more than a decade. There's a wide range of fares for anyone who wants to cruise. I think we will experience a pretty significant price increase as the lines try to bundle stuff to make it appear you're getting more. You probably aren't but, at this point, I'm willing to pay more, to a point, to cruise and I don't mind contributing to the health of a badly damaged cruise industry when it finally restarts in full.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As things start, number of available cabins remain limited.  Right now we only are seeing 2 Celeb ships starting in Q2/3.  (Think 3-4 RC ships operating)  Penned up demand outstrips supply so they can (and should) be inflating rates.  In 2 years when (if) everyone is fully operational, considering all the new ships, there should be a room surplus leading to competitive situation.   But not going to see that for awhile.  They've got several billion in lost revenue to recoup - never will, but have to show a rebound to investors.  (Haven't seen NCL and Carnival to enter early fray yet)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Read this on the Azamara website today.
  • Is the Azamara Circle Program still reciprocal with Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Program?

    Yes. Until further notice, guests who sail with Azamara and Celebrity Cruises will earn points towards membership in both Azamara Circle and Captain's Club, regardless of which brand they sail. Azamara Circle and Captain's Club members will enjoy select benefits of their tier levels on both lines. Select tiers in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Program also will receive reciprocal benefits when sailing with Azamara.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The relationship between Azamara amd RCG remains closer than expected.  It's almost like the new owners outsourced certain functions to RCG.  RCG was recently advertising Azamara jobs on it's HR website.  Azamara remains in the RCG reservation system and apparently they are still in the loyalty program bound with X.

I'm left with the impression since the new owners have no experience in the industry part of the deal included an operational involvement from RCG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The relationship between Azamara amd RCG remains closer than expected.  It's almost like the new owners outsourced certain functions to RCG.  RCG was recently advertising Azamara jobs on it's HR website.  Azamara remains in the RCG reservation system and apparently they are still in the loyalty program bound with X.

I'm left with the impression since the new owners have no experience in the industry part of the deal included an operational involvement from RCG.

The deal stated  "IP"  transfer as a part.   Some level of technical infrastructure at least (website databases, app etc).  The portfolio held by the new owners seem to be primarily fashion retail.  I thought the fit odd.  We booked well before the sale, and one of the reasons we booked Azumara  was point reciprocity, else we would have just booked another RCL or X trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

The deal stated  "IP"  transfer as a part.   Some level of technical infrastructure at least (website databases, app etc).  The portfolio held by the new owners seem to be primarily fashion retail.  I thought the fit odd.  We booked well before the sale, and one of the reasons we booked Azumara  was point reciprocity, else we would have just booked another RCL or X trip.

I almost booked Iceland then the sale was announced.  Glad to see the points will still accumulate, or so it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, twangster said:

My question was rhetorical.  IMO Elite has been diluted since AI was introduced.  A bag of laundry.  Don't get me wrong, anything "free" is great but now that prices are up significantly if your don't drink a lot and all you needed were a few evening drinks then AI has made X look pretty unattractive unless you are a retreat guest.

It's like MSC.  Go Yacht Club or don't sail MSC.  Go Celebrity retreat or go Royal.  

I’m going to have to disagree with this @twangster. My wife and I are about to be empty nesters soon once my son goes to college soon. We always sailed Royal and loved them as a well rounded family cruise line. But now we are going to be looking for a more premium experience. Not necessarily luxury. Celebrity and maybe sometimes Princess will be our lines of choice. We don’t need the retreat experience to be happy although we may certainly do it sometimes. We don’t drink much I would prefer not to have the classic beverage package included but at least the internet and tips are included. Nothing is perfect. I certainly would prefer not have the drinks package but I still will be a Celebrity fan. And I think Celebrity will have people that feel like me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, cruisellama said:

The sad thing about Azamara leaving RCG full reciprocity in point between Celebrity and Azamara.  Whereas points can't be added between RCL and Celebrity BUT tier levels are honored.   ie  Elite = Diamond level, but the point values are different.

I was incorrect.  After checking Azamara website , FAQs, points collected on Azamara are still transferred to Celebrity, and vice versa.  And Royal/Azamara status are still honored until further notice.  Further verified by my TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
11 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'll be Diamond status on Royal in February.  If I book a Celebrity cruise today for 2023 will my Diamond status be matched when I sail, or will my Emerald status be matched because that's what I was when I booked? (Should I wait to book until I'm Diamond?)

You'll be treated as Diamond/Elite.  The loyalty systems are linked.  When you make it on RCL, it will also show up in Celebrity as Elite.  (Even Azamara is still linked to Celebrity and RCL). So no need to wait to book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2021 at 12:35 PM, cruisellama said:

You'll be treated as Diamond/Elite.  The loyalty systems are linked.  When you make it on RCL, it will also show up in Celebrity as Elite.  (Even Azamara is still linked to Celebrity and RCL). So no need to wait to book.

Brilliant, that was all I nneded to justify me booking a 2023 cruise, not sure my better half is convinced that was a good reason but I've got 20 months to persuade her it was🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

the wording in Azamara faqs is a bit confusing to me…

May I ask here: once RC Diamond , and status matched to X Elite, and sailed on both, if I book my very First cruise on Azamara will I now have a loyalty status matched to my X Elite, and for that very first sailing as to reap the benefits onboard ?
- or NO status as I have never sailed with Azamara before ( and before the change of ownership)?

In other words : have I «  missed the boat » on this particular status match opportunity?

Thank you!

and happy cruising :)

Aimée

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're Diamond on RCL, you'll be "Discoverer" on Azamara.   I recently called Azamara just to confirm they're still honoring tiers, also you still will collect points on Celebrity from Azamara (as they have the same point valuation  system), but not Royal.  But not sure how long that will last.  I booked before the sale, would have cancelled had we been unable to collect points.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...