Carl Jr Restaurant

CruisingOz

G'day community. Totally off cruising topic, but we are getting Carl Jr restaurant and it is coming to a suburb close to where we live. We would love to know what is the hype about this brand is and are they really any good? Now I know that is a really subjective question, so if you are a fan, what is the must order item to try? Being American, Australians will flock to it, especially now that we haven't been able to travel overseas, so anything foreign and new is a novelty.

I know Matt H. will back us up on this, they better have beetroot on their burgers. LOL  

I'm not a big fast food consumer and this particular chain can't be found in every state of America.  If you drop a backslash on a map of the US you'll find Carl Jr on the left and a related company Hardees on the right of the backslash.  

Here in the US the Carl Jr TV ads basically target a demographic that is tired of all the do-gooders telling them to eat healthy.  While they don't actually say the following it's implied... "Our food isn't healthy, we will kill you, but boy will you die happy".   At least that is my take on their TV ads.  Their ads have traditionally been, umm, sexy. 

Watch some of their TV ads and you decide.

https://www.ispot.tv/brands/dNo/carls-jr

Burgers are either very juicy or very greasy depending on one's perspective. As @twangsternoted, Carl's Jr. is a Western US version of the more familiar to me Hardee's. Hardee's breakfast is, to me, a significant improvement vs. what is available at chains like McDonald's and Burger King.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:13 PM, twangster said:

"Our food isn't healthy, we will kill you, but boy will you die happy".

The ad's are funny, thanks for the link. We don't eat a lot of fast food, but when we do, this is what life is all about. Must make sure I where a dark coloured t-shirt to hide all the stains and bring extra wipes, LOL. Perfect food after a few beers, can't wait until it opens.