Royal Caribbean Refusing to give refunds

Abuck

One day before my cruise was officially cancelled RC sent a offer called "cruise with Confidence" postponing our cruise date. Since I am at risk due to health issues I took it. The next day RC sent text with the link to apply for a refund due to the cruise being canceled.  I did this. Now they sent a notice that I am receiving vouchers in the mail. I called and spoke to a rude agent who said I am not eligible for a refund.  I have sent two emails asking for the refund and they are not responding. Please does anyone have advice on the best route to get a refund at this point ? 

At the time you decided to postpone your trip and take up RC'S cruise with confidence offer the cruise itself was not officially cancelled, T&c'S in relation to this offer states you will receive 100% refund in vouchers to be used on a future cruise.

Only once the cruise was officially cancelled do RC  have an obligation to then offer a full cash refund or as they have done 125% in future cruise credit  

@Abuck I am so sorry to be the bearer of this sad news but cruise with confidence I understand is for future cruise credit only. So albeit hard, I don't see it turning into a cash refund unless RCCL cancelled and then you selected the refund at that point. 

Look at a future sailing you would love, then go ahead and book it, the best cabin, treat yourself and then very soon you will be enjoying an amazing Holiday, sorry it wasn't better news but they are not refusing refunds, just keeping to their set parameters. 

I wish you good health and an amazing sailing, be safe and healthy! 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:20 AM, RBRSKI said:

Sorry, I hate these kind of articles. (Not shooting the messenger, @RBRSKI

First, the CEO's salary is not anything the public needs to be concerned about. That's a matter between the board of directors and Mr. Fain. It should come as no shock to anyone that CEOs make a lot of money.

Second, this article comes out now, but that was his 2019 salary, which reflects a different time pre-COVID-19.

Third, he's already taken a pay cut

It's All Good!

As stated, it was an interesting article from what they call them self "Number 1 in Industry Reporting".  It seemed to me that web site is pretty reliable. Maybe this news source wouldn't have made it "news" if Mr. Fain didn't come out and say publicly said he wasn't taking a salary until Sept. 

As we have all learned that the so called news in today's age is sometimes not what it's all crack up to be!