Start date quesses

Marlena

14 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Most cruise lines have at least 1 private island. If they are able start some short cruises where screened and cleared passengers can be contained to the ship and private islands only (only 1 ship in port at a time), perhaps they can weather the storm. I believe it will be a minimum 6 months (most likely longer) before cruising starts with any kind of regularity and I don't think any corporation no matter how large can survive that with no income.

So it’s certainly possible that one (Or all) of the Oasis class ships will get a red & blue Carnival whale funnel welded to the top & a Guys Burger Joint? Lol 

My cruise has gone up for April 17th in price....very surprised!!

Seeing as the border is closed to the US, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for me to make the cruise even if I wanted to.

I am not sure how they plan on cruising with the US border closed to most countries in the world..unless it will be just a cruise for US citizens...but even that seems highly unlikely.

I am very surprised they still havent extended their cancellation dates yet.

My hubby and I were discussing this last night, well the whole travel/tourism industry taking a hit and unemployment/furloughing.  He thought Aug. would be the earliest date due to ports.  I said, I think it will be earlier, at least 1 port came to mind regarding how hard they have been hit financially.  Bahama.  Remember they only got slammed with a devastating hurricane 6 months ago.   This is now a double whammy for their economy.  My bet was that they will be the very 1st to open.  In that case you could see RCL maybe relocating many ship itineraries. 

IE  Lady G can sail south out of Baltimore,..  Adventure out of Cape Liberty could go to Boston, and Portland ME.  Anthem can go to Bahamas and Coco Cay.  

I do wonder one thing.  How much more balcony cabins will go for in the future due to the visuals on the news of the Princess cruises?  So many people use to say, save your $$$ since you are hardly ever in the cabin and I am sure many on the Princess took that advice only to find their worst nightmare come true of being locked in a cabin with no daylight.  We always book a balcony, and I can guarantee you that we will never go lower than a balcony because of those visuals!  

17 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

My hubby and I were discussing this last night, well the whole travel/tourism industry taking a hit and unemployment/furloughing.  He thought Aug. would be the earliest date due to ports.  I said, I think it will be earlier, at least 1 port came to mind regarding how hard they have been hit financially.  Bahama.  Remember they only got slammed with a devastating hurricane 6 months ago.   This is now a double whammy for their economy.  My bet was that they will be the very 1st to open.  In that case you could see RCL maybe relocating many ship itineraries. 

IE  Lady G can sail south out of Baltimore,..  Adventure out of Cape Liberty could go to Boston, and Portland ME.  Anthem can go to Bahamas and Coco Cay.  

I do wonder one thing.  How much more balcony cabins will go for in the future due to the visuals on the news of the Princess cruises?  So many people use to say, save your $$$ since you are hardly ever in the cabin and I am sure many on the Princess took that advice only to find their worst nightmare come true of being locked in a cabin with no daylight.  We always book a balcony, and I can guarantee you that we will never go lower than a balcony because of those visuals!  

This, very much this. I only had one balcony our first cruise ironically on Princess. Will never, every book any other than a balcony of some kind. Oasis has at least the Central Park and Boardwalk balconies. Something with fresh air and sunlight. I would have literally shit my pants if I was confined to a inside cabin. 

I believe cruising will start earlier than most here. Slow at first and Coco Cay/Bahamas are perfect for the start up. These lines are gonna need a revenue of some kind. If they can do 7 day safe cruises there that would start revenue coming in. I wish our hard headed gov would wave the "visit a foreign port" BS. They could do cruises to nowhere. I would do that, 7 days to nowhere is fine by me. Revenue to the cruise lines is the name of the game right now. 

On 3/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Or maybe Royal will do a good thing like DCL and push back final payment dates by 30 days. ?

I would love that.  I emailed my TA on Friday (we have late July out of Bayonne) just to tell her that we were still planning on cruising, as long as Royal doesn't cancel on us, or we have to cancel for other reasons.  I asked if Royal had made any changes to payment due date, as ours is due end of April (5 weeks from now), and she said no, it's still 90 days.  

We can swing it -- I happen to belong to one of the class of workers who are essential personnel, so I'm still getting a paycheck, and DH will be remote teaching (community college)but for anyone who is currently having to live off savings, that may be tougher to swing.