Jump to content

FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS -PLEASE HELP


Recommended Posts

@Matt I hope everyone is healthy and safe during this trying time.   I have a an FCC issue and wonder if escalation is my only recourse.  I had a family vacation that I paid for in full on one credit card for 7 people.  My 72 year old mom and 80 year old aunt were in one cabin that we had to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence plan because their doctors advised them to forget about cruising.   I am now fighting with RCCL as they do not want to offer the FCC to me although they are fully aware that I paid for all of the bookings and that I not only intend to cruise again, but already have another cruise scheduled for 08/22/2020.   Does anyone have any suggestions, work arounds or insights that could help?   I really appreciate the help this blog offers.  Thanks in advance.

Grandeur of the Seas 01/03/2019

Anthem of the Seas  03/15/2020 (Doomed) ?

Independence of the Seas 08/22/2020 (Hopefully)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@shaydav19, I hate to be negative, but you might be fighting a losing battle.  Over the past week, I have had my own fight with Royal over FCC, even to the point of escalating to corporate level.  Royal is not budging this time.  They are giving out the same "canned/generic" responses to all.  I know this because many people have sent messages my way of the same generic response. 

You could try to email corporate, like many of us already have, but what I am saying is, not to be surprised if you end up with the same response.  But by all means, do so, because the more they hear, the better.  Here are the emails that I sent a letter to:

[email protected]rccl.com

[email protected]rccl.com

[email protected]rccl.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@shaydav19, I hate to be negative, but you might be fighting a losing battle.  Over the past week, I have had my own fight with Royal over FCC, even to the point of escalating to corporate level.  Royal is not budging this time.  They are giving out the same "canned/generic" responses to all.  I know this because many people have sent messages my way of the same generic response. 

You could try to email corporate, like many of us already have, but what I am saying is, not to be surprised if you end up with the same response.  But by all means, do so, because the more they hear, the better.  Here are the emails that I sent a letter to:

[email protected]rccl.com

[email protected]rccl.com

[email protected]rccl.com

Thanks so much.  I have already emailed Guest Relations and I am waiting to hear.  I will send the same to the others.  I just cannot believe that they would just keep over 1K in funds during this time without being flexible.  I already have money invested in the August Cruise but if this doesn't get resolved I think I'll be looking into Norwegian, which makes me sad!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shaydav19 said:

@Matt I hope everyone is healthy and safe during this trying time.   I have a an FCC issue and wonder if escalation is my only recourse.  I had a family vacation that I paid for in full on one credit card for 7 people.  My 72 year old mom and 80 year old aunt were in one cabin that we had to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence plan because their doctors advised them to forget about cruising.   I am now fighting with RCCL as they do not want to offer the FCC to me although they are fully aware that I paid for all of the bookings and that I not only intend to cruise again, but already have another cruise scheduled for 08/22/2020.   Does anyone have any suggestions, work arounds or insights that could help?   I really appreciate the help this blog offers.  Thanks in advance.

Grandeur of the Seas 01/03/2019

Anthem of the Seas  03/15/2020 (Doomed) ?

Independence of the Seas 08/22/2020 (Hopefully)

Ridiculous Royal does not offer the FCC to the card holder...don't see how that's legal. However, if you are referring to the 3/15/20 Anthem cruise, you should be eligible for 100% refund, on your mom & aunt cabin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Ridiculous Royal does not offer the FCC to the card holder...don't see how that's legal. However, if you are referring to the 3/15/20 Anthem cruise, you should be eligible for 100% refund, on your mom & aunt cabin.

Yes, but unfortunately I had a total of four cabins and two we cancelled under the Cruise with Confidence which only allowed the FCC, not a full refund.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shaydav19 said:

Yes, but unfortunately I had a total of four cabins and two we cancelled under the Cruise with Confidence which only allowed the FCC, not a full 

Your cruise fall under Royal's self-imposed cancellation; so you are eligible for "Full Refund", back to the original form of payment...in other words, your card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, timm804 said:

I talked to our TA this evening and had to have him repeat very slowly that FCC would now go to the individual not the (me) person who paid the bill.  $800 PP or $4000 PP... I can’t believe they won’t credit the name paying the freight?    

I’m still in shock and I’m going to lose my money because my 80 year old aunt is never going to cruise again.  This is making rethink Norwegian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, shaydav19 said:

The two Credits that I am having a problem with were for a stateroom we cancelled during the Cruise with Confidence time period so it was before Royal cancelled all sailings 

Unfortunately Royal has taken a hard stance that if you canceled before the cruiseline did, then you don't qualify for the payment refund option.  I'm not sure the other cruiselines are handling that part any better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...