Royal Caribbean Blog

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an update coming to the blog in the next hour or so about refunds and how long it's taking...

We received our full Cruise fare refund back to our credit card today. Here are our details, hopefully it will help those still waiting.  - Original sailing: April 5th, cancelled but RC - Re

I understand the frustration that is being caused by all of this but I'm not sure how much action you'll get seeking governments to look into it.   Tens of millions unemployed, 100k dead so far. 

Posted Images

We are still waiting for our 3/14 cruise refunds on both cruise fare and all cruise planner purchases. Total amount owed to us is $8200. Have not received a cent yet. Official cancellation was done on 3/15 so I have lost count of how many days it has been waiting for our refund. I understand that this is a tremendous task to refund millions, but when people are posting that they have had their refunds processed and received on bookings for April, May, June etc and we are still waiting.

Have made contact with RCCL reps and have been told on numerous occasions - ït is being processed". Please sort the system out and refund people in a timely and ordered manner.

Don't mean to rant but needed to vent to somebody.

We are regular cruisers and have always been Loyal to Royal. Have another cruise booked for 4/12 2020 from Sydney AUS, just praying that this one sails.

5/24 Harmony cancelled by RCL on 4/16, received most of my refund 5/13 and 5/14.  Still waiting on $1000 even deposit(?) on one card and +/- $1200 on the other card I used.  Although we are still owed these amounts it seems we are on the better end when reading these refund threads.  When Royal announced the cancellation I immediately called our TA and she pushed the refund form through for me while I was on the phone and confirmed it was accepted maybe that helped not sure...

Yesterday, we received our FCC's for the cancelled May 16 Majesty sailing.  The cruise officially cancelled on the day it was to return to port (23 May) so that means we received the FCC's 4 days after the official cancellation of the cruise.  I have seen nothing of any cash refunds (taxes, ports fees and gratuities)  or 125% FCC for cruise planner purchases.  Not expecting those for a while.

The good news is, we received $32 more in the FCC's than I expected.  WOOHOO !!  We each received identical FCC's but that was expected as our cruise fares were identical....they just happened to be $16 more, each, than I thought they would be.

• 5 weeks later...
On April 1, 2020 at 1:45 PM, MikaelaJ said:

This is the same thing that happened to me but I cancelled on March 11 after a manager told me that there was no way that they would be canceling so I could not get my money back no matter what.  We canceled, then two days later we got the email saying that we could get on and get a full refund, so we filled out the online link, it said everything was checked out and now they are saying that it wasn't meant for us and since we canceled two days before, there is no refund for us to get.  Could I please be added to be a part of this class action lawsuit?

Have you gotten any info on the class action suit? Same situation in the month of May.

• 2 weeks later...

We cancelled our cruise before final payment due to coronavirus a week before it was cancelled by rcc . They told me I would get my non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 back as a FCC which was fine with me.I booked a cruise with RCC. which the are holding until I get my deposit to put towards it. I have until Aug.15 th hope it arrives on time.

• 2 weeks later...

Odyssey cruises cancelled from the construction delay are starting to refund.  

I had the first four booked and two of them have refunded the deposit.  I told my agency what to do on July 5 and they started refunding on July 14.  I had cancelled a cruise planner item for one of them on June 27.  It refunded to my card July 3rd.  

I know some folks from early on faced long refund times but it seems like they are getting a lot better lately.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Carol Tucker said:

I have been waiting since April for my refund and Royal Caribbean refuse to talk to me and keep making excuses to my travel agent. So you have my money l want it back and find it very rude you won't show any respect and talk to me

This is a fan board and Royal Caribbean doesn't monitor it.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:54 PM, Tal said:

Ok I realized the difference in my situation is my cruise was not cancelled by the cruiseline.  I cancelled my cruise.  I still have not received my refund.  I am still trying to figure out how long the process is taking.

Hi-I also canceled on Mar 11 and was told I could only receive credit. Did you ever receive a refund ?

On 3/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, Carl Vitanza said:

RE: Liberty of Sea Cruise March 15, 2020

RCC cancelled my cruise on March 13. I was proactive watching cruises being cancelled all around the world at that time and cancelled my cruise on March 12 - one day before RCC cancelled the cruise themselves. I was given 100% FCC on March 12. RCC offered me 125% FCC or 100% cash refund on March 13 email. I went online and took the 100% cash refund. RCC has stiffed me on that offer. RCC admitted to me over the phone 2 days ago that they ignored my online request for 100% cash refund. RCC customer service person also admitted that they never told passengers that RCC would ignore March 13 offers for passengers who cancelled one day prior. Totally wrong ! Bottom line is that I was penalized for paying attention and cancelling one day before RCC cancelled the cruise themselves. I'm done with RCC. Many folks in same situation and I'm signing up for class action suit being formulated now.  

Same here! Please share any info on updates you have. I canceled mar 11 and am entitled to a credit even though I applied for a refund when I received the email from RC

40 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

I'm sorry for those that canceled under cruise with confidence and just got a FCC....but you knew you were only getting a FCC when you canceled so why would you expect a refund the next day or days later when royal did cancel?

Just playing devil's advocate here. I get it's frustrating

The reason why it's so frustrating was that some of us did not cancel out and waited until they canceled our cruise. At that point, we were promised a full refund if we wanted it. RCC should have sen this coming and been prepared. Instead, after over 90 days of waiting, all they can do is give that BS line that they sent your claim to accounting to be expedited and then give you an ETA of 2 weeks which must be on their scripts. 

• 8 months later...

My cruise on the Independence coming up this June was cancelled almost a month ago. I just made my third call over that time frame trying to get a refund processed. The first two calls, I was told to call back in a week to verify my request had been approved. Today I was told the same thing. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told it could take another thirty days minimum. What a ridiculous way to treat your loyal customers. I will never book another Royal cruise until I see that refund, and I may not book even after I see it. Do you want to survive? Then stop treating your customers like they are garbage.

26 minutes ago, Unhappy Cruiser said:

My cruise on the Independence coming up this June was cancelled almost a month ago. I just made my third call over that time frame trying to get a refund processed. The first two calls, I was told to call back in a week to verify my request had been approved. Today I was told the same thing. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told it could take another thirty days minimum. What a ridiculous way to treat your loyal customers. I will never book another Royal cruise until I see that refund, and I may not book even after I see it. Do you want to survive? Then stop treating your customers like they are garbage.

Contact you credit card company and discuss options with them for a chargeback.

FWIW my May and June cancellations were processed within a few weeks but if there is FCC involved it does extend the time frame since it becomes a manual process.