Royal Caribbean Blog

On 5/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, vanelli56 said:

Update: FCC for one cabin was sent over the weekend.... but it was wrong. (sigh)

Update: Our 125% OBC offer certificate arrived... and was correct! 

Still no corrected FCC cert as promised. 

Refund for our other cabin.... posted to my CC... BUT... it was short 180-ish bucks. 

So... another email sent to our TA. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an update coming to the blog in the next hour or so about refunds and how long it's taking...

We received our full Cruise fare refund back to our credit card today. Here are our details, hopefully it will help those still waiting.  - Original sailing: April 5th, cancelled but RC - Re

I understand the frustration that is being caused by all of this but I'm not sure how much action you'll get seeking governments to look into it.   Tens of millions unemployed, 100k dead so far. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

Update: Our 125% OBC offer certificate arrived... and was correct! 

Still no corrected FCC cert as promised. 

Refund for our other cabin.... posted to my CC... BUT... it was short 180-ish bucks. 

So... another email sent to our TA. 

Same boat over here. Got an incorrect FCC last Saturday. Got an email saying it would be fixed by 5/14 . We did not get the remaining amount yesterday

Was told we'd get the cruise planner credit but 5/15 but we got it yesterday 5/14. It was actually a smidge more then I though we'd get so I'm.happy with that.

Okay..i noticed today that RCL refunded what i assume is our port fees and taxes back to the credit card and the amount is different that what was actually listed on the invoice. We paid $198.38 pp total of $396.76 and $403.88 went back to the account. We selected the FCC and are currently still waiting for that certificate to show up.

35 minutes ago, MDB said:

Let's face it, RCCL is totally unaware of what they are doing and try to drag out refunds to keep the money for RCCL.  A thief never wants to return stolen property!

While it is true that Royal is in uncharted waters and navigating in the dark without radar it seems a stretch to label them a thief. 

If they don't do this right the company may not survive and all of their remaining office workforce is working from home like the rest of us.   

As a result I am affording them an abundance of patience.  They have always come through for me in the past and so far have come through for me during the pandemic albeit at a slower pace.  They've treated me better than one airline in particular who has received bailout money yet still screwed me over. 

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a full refund for our cruise fare and cruise planner purchases in less than 30 days.  Hopefully Royal is getting the whole refund process straightened out.  

-Our cruise was for 5/24/20

-Royal cancelled our cruise on 4/16/20

-I requested a full refund for our cruise fare and cruise planner purchases on 4/16/20

-Received full refund on 5/14/20

Thanks Royal!!  We are now counting down the days until our next cruise. 

I was notified yesterday that our cruise was cancelled from the company that we booked through, 😂  there worst that Royal for notification, along with that they sent me a link to determine which course of action that i wanted to take.  Upon opening it, it gave me two options to choose from, 125% or reimbursements for the cruise.  I have already received what i assume is my port fee's and taxes from RCL? 🤦‍♂️ The link also stated that it would be up to 90 days for processing.  Oh boy, once all our cruises are done with them...they will be history!

Another data point...

Cancelled a fully refundable 2021 booking on May 11.  $450 deposit refund posted to my credit card May 21.  Business as usual the refund came in the form of three line items of various amounts that sum to $450.  

I've been meaning to cancel this one for a while even before the virus.  I would have applied this towards another reservation but that wasn't an option.   

'Please note, requests are processed in the order they’re received, so this may not be the same day you submit the online form.'  Can't believe they have the audacity to actually send this to people.  Still waiting for a refund that I requested on March 26.   I requested first of my travel group but they all received their refunds three weeks ago.  Only difference is I had a quad because i have two children, the rest were doubles.  As for any sympathy about all the refunds they have to process and not being used to doing it... Ticketmaster is in the exact same situation with way higher volume but seem to be pumping them out within 14 days.  Extremely frustrated and disappointed.

Finally received the first "partial" refund of our March cruise. As others posted, the amounts which were refunded in two separate charge backs do not line up with any of the purchased items. They come close within a couple of dollars but no match (We are not eligible for FCC on any of our cruises). This cruise was booked through our TA who told us we did not have to do anything and Royal would take care of it. I called Royal May 8th because the cruise still showed up on our "Past" cruises portfolio. The agent I talked to was very nice but informed me that the cruise was not actually cancelled until May 6th, the date of the big letter/email distribution where Royal stated that if you had not cancelled your cruise they would be on that date. Now we are starting to receive the refunds. On this latest round of cancellations we had two additional cruises affected, one we booked direct and the other through our TA. We called Royal on May 20th as soon as we received the news of the delayed reopening and cancelled the cruise we booked direct. As of this morning it no longer shows in our portfolio and I suspect we will see the refunds sooner for that one than the other one. If the second booking still shows late next week I will call Royal and see if it has been cancelled. Then we can start the countdown on when can expect the refund for that one.

Have no issues with Royal and the delayed refunds as they have an enormous number of refunds to process and the refund number to processors ratio is probably in the high double or even triple digits. We have another cruise booked in November and looking at booking another this fall once we see that there will actually be cruises operating (really do not want more money to be tied up until we receive some back). Looking forward to that one and will be going on many more in the future. Just will be monitoring our bookings direct from now on to make sure they are all aligned with our expectations.

STILL WAITING FOR THE REST OF MY REFUND RELATED TO MY 3/15 SAILING ON THE OASIS!  Sorry for all the CAPS, and for those who think it was towards anyone on this blog your wrong, it just made me feel better this morning!   lol

And not one penny from the 3/22 cruise.  Maybe Royal looks at this blog and know who are the most frustrated ones and says  " let not refund their money until the very last moment"  HAHA

Yesterday I got less than 1/4 of one  of  my March refunds. Also did not receive either of my FCCs promised for yesterday...  Decided to call. Agent was adamant that March was paid in full, until I had him look over details. On the FCC's he sent a request as to what the problems was there. Told me to call back in a week??? I then ripped into him about the one booking I couldn't make  in timely fashion because they are sitting on all my money... He said when it all straightens out and they will "work" with me... Not sure what thats supposed to mean. All three cruises I was interested in picking two went up almost double!

I have never had any desire to contact an investigative reporter from a local news source, but the lack of respect from Royal has pushed many of us to think in different ways!  In my opinion, once this horrible virus is at bay, I wish the government will look into these companies who withheld refunds back to the consumers, including the airlines!  Something should be put into place and on record on how long they have to for refunds to be back into consumers accounts.

And you have every right to give an opinion on these statements, I really don't want to hear anymore excuses.  

At this point in time it has NOTHING to do about the money, as I have booked future cruises, it's more about the principle of the situation!

I understand the frustration that is being caused by all of this but I'm not sure how much action you'll get seeking governments to look into it.  

Tens of millions unemployed, 100k dead so far.  Companies are disappearing and others filing for bankruptcy.  "I didn't get my refund in a timely manner and I don't like how they handled the situation" during the worst event in modern time on a global scale that impacts the entire world's population may not yield a quick response from your government. 

First of all let me copy and paste a part of my post "once this horrible virus is at bay" so once this all passes, something needs to be done in my opinion. 

Please don't make it sound like I would want the government to work on this immediately.