Royal Caribbean Blog

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an update coming to the blog in the next hour or so about refunds and how long it's taking...

We received our full Cruise fare refund back to our credit card today. Here are our details, hopefully it will help those still waiting.  - Original sailing: April 5th, cancelled but RC - Re

On a related topic:  I talked with the rewards department today and learned that if you had RCCL Visa rewards applied as OBC, they are holding those and you can move the OBC to your replacement c

Posted Images

On 4/29/2020 at 12:30 PM, Kcusack89 said:

@ebeck88 did you receive the email that your cruise planner items are being refunded bc that signals the start of the process

@Kcusack89 I received an email on April 26th indicating all of my cruise planner purchases were being refunded. How long does it take after that for them to actually refund back to my credit card? I am assuming this email is an indication that they are working on my refunds but haven't really received any guidance as to how long to wait for the refund to show up before calling and sitting on hold for a long time. Any help or advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

@copteacher I opted for the 125% cruise planner credit so no refund here. I got the email of my.cruise planner items.being refunded on 4/20. It was a generic email that they send to everyone. I called royal to confirm I'm.getting the credit.

I also was suppose to get my FCC today but they said it's still processing. So I don't have access to my cruise planner to check anything in that regard

1 minute ago, Kcusack89 said:

@copteacher I opted for the 125% cruise planner credit so no refund here. I got the email of my.cruise planner items.being refunded on 4/20. It was a generic email that they send to everyone. I called royal to confirm I'm.getting the credit.

I also was suppose to get my FCC today but they said it's still processing. So I don't have access to my cruise planner to check anything in that regard

@Kcusack89 thanks so much. Luckily I work in a position that designates me essential to the state so, unlike so many, I am still receiving a paycheck. Because of this I am trying to be patient about the time it is taking to see results. I guess I just wish they would communicate to me, and everyone else, what the process is and what to expect. At least then I would know if something wasn't happening when it was supposed to. Thanks for the reply and hopefully we will all look back on this mess in the future and say "remember when....?"

Website advised I would be denied boarding due to health protocols and full refund would be given if I fell subject to restrictions. Called the number as requested told I would have to board a plane and fly half way round the country to get denied boarding refund! They then cancelled my trip and 2 days later the 125%credit and refund offer appears As cruise cancelled. ! I applied for the refund as my sailing was canceled Now they won’t Refund me Got denied boarding or cancelled cruise even though I wouldn’t have called RE boarding if they hadn’t posted health protocols and would have received the offer as all my fellow passengers did. Shameful, illegal, don’t post refund advice on your website and then not follow through. I’ll never book another cruise 

On 3/31/2020 at 5:12 AM, Cruise Happy said:

I did receive all the refunds over $2000 for the many shore excursions, drink packages, photo packages, etc.,. We are/were also expecting a full CASH REFUND to our original form of payment for our cruise booking costs. It has been 17 days since we received the Cancellation notification along with the online form/application for a full refund or 125% credit. We chose the refund and filled out the form, then immediately received the verification/notification that the refund would be coming, but could take up to 30 days and would be credited back to the original form of payment. I have saved all of these correspondences.These emails from RCCL have set a precedent and established the foundation and timeline. RCCL should "man up" and follow through with their "promise to refund". We are "simple, innocent customers" that entrusted our precious vacation dollar to this mega-billion dollar corporation that is obviously now trying to take advantage of us - claiming they made an error. TOO BAD! PAY UP RCCL!  I simply want my money refunded as was written to me. This included my daughter and her reservation. If RCCL chumps us on this situation, who in their right mind would want to ever cruise with them again. All of the extra money we spend with RCCL amounts to much more than our actual stateroom cruise fee. Does RCCL really want that future money going to a competitor? I hope not! We are cruisers! We go on cruises as often as we can find the time to do so. We will be retired soon and plan to go on even more cruises. If RCCL "chumps" us now, they will loose many, many customers for life. I want my Refund NOW, not a future cruise credit with a short expiration date! PLEASE RCCL, honor your word! PAY UP and do the honorable thing!! Salvage your customers NOW. 

On 3/31/2020 at 4:49 AM, Cruise Happy said:

NO!!! In fact, on Thursday March 26 we received an email stating basically "they changed their mind and/or made a mistake and/or jump the gun" and they are not going to give us a refund! This was 2 weeks after we received an on line verification on Friday the 13th of March stating that we would receive a refund back to our original form of payment but it could take up to 30 days. NO COOL!  Did anybody else also get that "contradicting" email? LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS!!!

I agree me too keep me posted

Be aware that if you choose to cancel your cruise under the "cruise with confidence" policy and you have purchased the Royal Caribbean travel insurance, Royal Caribbean will not refund the cost of the travel insurance.  It does not say that anywhere in the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the "cruise with confidence" program and I was not informed of that when I called to cancel my cruise.  The May 18th cruise has since been canceled by Royal Caribbean and they still refuse to refund the cost of the travel insurance.  I am not a happy customer.  By the way I am a Diamond cruiser with them as well.

3 minutes ago, TAM said:

Scrumps I’m glad you received your refund for your 6/5 cruise. Crazy thing is mine was a 3/27 cruise so they definitely aren’t refunding by date order! Very frustrating. 

I feel ya. I'm still on my 5/11 roll call page and lots of my fellow cruisers have received their credit just not me and my other family booked. Very frustrating. Guess I'll wait till May 15 before calling again

9 minutes ago, Cruising Family said:

Hi Matt. Did you post anything? I can’t find it. Thanks!

Hi @Cruising Family !

I believe Matt posted the info here under the "Royal Caribbean Blog" tab up top on the page...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/04/29/royal-caribbean-offers-updates-refunds-odyssey-of-the-seas-and-the-presidents-cruise

... and here...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/04/30/royal-caribbean-apologizes-guests-refunds-taking-longer-expected

I previously posted our scenario on this forum and wanted to share that we finally received all refunds for taxes, fees, gratuities and cruise planner purchases. There IS hope!! It just took way too long! 🙂

Cruise planned on March 14th on Symphony.

Cruise cancelled By RCCL on March 13th as part of voluntary suspension.

Received 125% FCC email on 4/6/20.

Called and emailed several times about cash refund for remaining items.

Cruise planner cancellation email received on 4/14/20.

Refund received TODAY 5/7/20 - 17 business days after receiving the cruise planner cancellation and 39 business days after our cruise was cancelled.

The biggest insight I have on timing and advice is to make sure you’ve received a cruise planner cancellation email (if you prepurchased anything). That means the process has started. No email goes out if you are only waiting for taxes, fees, gratuities. And, there really is no rhyme or reason on when they are processing because our traveling companions had very similar refund coming to them and received it within 2 weeks of the cancelled cruise.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:34 AM, vanelli56 said:

Glad to hear some refunds are starting to trickle in. That give me some hope... as I was starting to really worry and thinking about the CC chargeback route. But will give it at least 45 days. We were a part of the 2nd wave of cancellations.... The email from RCI said to give 30-days for the refunds and that FCC would be issued by 4/30.  

Here's my status this far and will update as they change:

Ovation May 22nd Alaska cruise.

Cancelled by RCI on or around 3/23 or 3/24.

Contacted TA to discuss options. 

official cancellation email received from TA on 3/30. (Starting my clock)

I think the cruise was finally removed from my account on or around 4/18 (ish). 

Cabin 1 (Inside); 100% cash refund option... target date would be 4/30 (30 days+/-)

Cabin 2 (Balcony Gty); 125% FCC option... target date would be 4/30 per RCI original email. 

Cruise planner purchases (Internet and 3 night dining); 125% OBC option  (Received the automated email of cancellation on 4/20 that others received, but not counting it as we opted for the OBC, not the CC refund it was indicating.)

If or when I see refunds and credits... I'll update accordingly. 

Take care and stay safe. 

KCCO

Keep calm and Cruise on. 

UPDATE: Just received Taxes and fees refund for Cabin 2 today. Everything else is still floating off in the void. Most likely somewhere near the Bermuda triangle, somewhere between an old sunken ship and Royal Caribbean Math.... all are mysteries awaiting to be figured out. 😉

KCCO

Keep Calm and Cruise on!

Still patiently waiting for my future cruise credit after my cruise was canceled on March 23 or something like that. The second round of cancellations. Many from my cruise have already received theirs but I know their not going out my cruise date.

I did get the email about coming in by may 15 I just think royal had a hidden agenda. I applied for the 125% cruise planner credit too and the email I got said we'd get both the same day. I'm assuming sometime next week is when all cruise planner items will skyrocket in price bc they know everyone from the second round of cancellations will be getting their extra 25%

3 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

are they refunding the travel protection? 

I received my refund today on my April 4 cruise which Royal cancelled. It came in 2 separate transactions - one for cruise fare, other one for taxes, fees & port expenses. Note: my cruise fare refund was $39 less than what I paid, so make sure to check it against your booking confirmation. I did not see a refund for Royal's travel insurance. I'm hoping that it will be refunded & have asked my TA to help follow up (and also about the cruise fare discrepancy).