Extension cord for CPAP machine

Mark B

You can fill out a special needs form ahead of time and they will have a cord and distilled water for you.  Depending on the ship there may be an outlet by the bed (Symphony, Ovation - we didn’t need to ask for one on our last two sailings.)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/guest-special-needs

My husband invested in a travel CPAP.  It's still best if plugged in, but CAN run via battery (camping, for instance).  Nice thing is that it doesn't need water and fit on those really tiny shelves next to the bed on Symphony.  His regular one wouldn't have fit, we'd have had to drag a chair over and put that beast on that.  #worthit

Psycho always brings his CPAP and fills out the special needs form.  Sometimes the ext cord and distilled water are in our room waiting on us and other times its not.  Never been a big deal...Just asked our room attendant and they have always made it happen.  Did one time get a super long heavy duty ext cord but the room attendant always put it away in the morning. 

15 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My husband invested in a travel CPAP.  It's still best if plugged in, but CAN run via battery (camping, for instance).  Nice thing is that it doesn't need water and fit on those really tiny shelves next to the bed on Symphony.  His regular one wouldn't have fit, we'd have had to drag a chair over and put that beast on that.  #worthit

I bought an AirMini travel CPAP, also. When it arrived I realized the cord is shorter than my regular CPAP.  I really love the size, though! it fits in my camera backpack, which I carry on with me. I'm glad RC provides an extension cord; I've just submitted my special needs form for my April 19 cruise on Freedom out of San Juan.

1 minute ago, Mark B said:

I bought an AirMini travel CPAP, also. When it arrived I realized the cord is shorter than my regular CPAP.  I really love the size, though! it fits in my camera backpack, which I carry on with me. I'm glad RC provides an extension cord; I've just submitted my special needs form for my April 19 cruise on Freedom out of San Juan.

Yeah, the cord isn't long.  That was ok for us on Symphony since there was an outlet next to the bed. We'll have to ask for a cord next October on Brilliance. Unless they deem that sleep apnea is a chronic condition that they decide to include in their "health condition ban".

When I filled out the special needs form before, they gave me a thick bright orange extension cord that looked like I was going to use a power tool in the room, probably a 12-14 gauge cord.

The next time I cruised, I brought my own 25’ 16 gauge black extension cord.  I label it for CPAP use and packed it together with my CPAP.  I had no problems taking it with me onboard. I still filled out the form so I’d have distilled water.