How to use royal Caribbean gift card ?

MindiLou

You've got to read the rules. There are many restrictions associated with them, and when you can redeem it.

For anyone else reading this, I don't recommend RC gift cards or gift certificates. It's not like a traditional gift card you can simply cash in. The rules and redemption requirements make it a bad buy, in my opinion.

10 hours ago, MindiLou said:

I just received a royal Caribbean gift card but I am wondering how to use it ?

Can it be used on board for drinks,gratuities,specialty dining ?

Or can it only be used to book a cruise?

Apply it to your cruise, even if your cruise is paid in full. At that point, depending on who is doing the processing on Royal's end, you'll either get it added as OBC (which is what is supposed to happen) or you'll get the money refunded to the form of payment you used for the cruise (which has happened to me one out of the four times I've found myself in possession of a Royal gift card). 

The most important thing is to add it to a cruise MORE than 14 days prior to sailing.

I had a few that I received from work - both paper copies and e-certificates. I believe mine said on them that they could only be used on cruise fares. I had to either call a number to book a new cruise or it gave me an email to send the information to to apply the credit to an already booked cruise which is what I did.
It took about 2 weeks for it to show up on the booking and get a response so if you do it the same way, just make sure you are out far enough from the final payment date. 
Not the most convenient things to use but definitely did the trick. 

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Will they be able to use it for gratuities?

Sorry forgot about gratuities. If they prepay the gratuities and it shows up on their invoice I would think that they could use them on that. Mine just showed up as a payment on the invoice so I think it would apply to anything in there. Good luck!

• 2 years later...

So glad we read the fine print on our printed out gift certificate from 2020 were finally using.  It’s actually 10 Days you have to redeem it by.  We just happened to see it exactly 10 days before our cruise.  Called the number listed but he said to go online royalcarribeancerticates.com.   There you can purchase or redeem.   You put in its information and then it just says thank you for redeeming your certificate. We appreciate your business.  I took screen shots of that and the page I put my info in because I thought that was weird that it hadn’t asked for an email in redeeming it and that was the ‘confirmation‘.   So we’ll have to see if it’s there when we go onboard.  
But, yes, you can use it for more than paying for your cruise.  Fingers crossed it works but at least I have the pictures of it if it doesn’t.  

53405815-8AEB-4DF1-A206-D04F41344823.png