Changing Passenger Names

I think as long as you make name changes before final payment, you are fine.  As mentioned above, you don't want to add/remove the number of people in your reservation because it will screw up your stateroom assignments.  If you are booked into a room for two, you would have to change cabins to make room for 3.  If you have 3 and go to 4 people, you may be ok.  There are only so many cabins that have 3rd or 4th berths.

Just make sure you have all the documents that you need for the friend, including, the documentation that you need from the friends parent(s) giving you permission for her to go.

You are soooo right to mention that the friends parent gives them a written letter of permission. You don't want anything bad happen when your in port on embakartion day. 

• 3 years later...
33 minutes ago, Helga said:

Hello All,

could you please tell me where can I modify the name of the passanger?

Thank you very much!

Helga

If you used a travel agent to book your cruise, they will need to take care of this.  If you booked directly with Royal Caribbean, you can call them and take care of it.  1-800-526-9723

• 2 years later...
30 minutes ago, Ngk001 said:

Do we have to pay any penalty for changing the passenger name on the cruise?

No you do not, however Royal Caribbean will not allow you to change all names on a reservation.  At least one needs to remain.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So my kids Dad has a cruise schedule for 08/07/22 and he reserved two cabins He recently found out that the other guest  he had imvited were not going to be able to make it due to an Emergency and wanted to add me and 3 other guest and he was told NO. They told him only taxes that he paid could be refunded.

It is very sad and absolutely ridiculous since he spent almost 7k on it.

Does anyone know if he could speak to someone else.. did he call the wrong person??? 

26 minutes ago, Yris said:

So my kids Dad has a cruise schedule for 08/07/22 and he reserved two cabins He recently found out that the other guest  he had imvited were not going to be able to make it due to an Emergency and wanted to add me and 3 other guest and he was told NO. They told him only taxes that he paid could be refunded.

It is very sad and absolutely ridiculous since he spent almost 7k on it.

Does anyone know if he could speak to someone else.. did he call the wrong person??? 

Assuming this is a US booking, I believe that you can remove/add passengers to an existing booking so long as at least 1 person from the original booking remains in each cabin.  You may have to shift some people around to ensure there is at least 1 adult in each cabin and at least 1 original name for each cabin but you should be able to do this.  You cannot add more people than the original reservation had and depending upon what kind of booking promos were in place on the original booking (kids sail free, etc) you might have some issues but removing and adding people alone should not prevent this from happening.  Royal does nor care who sleeps where as long as you do not leave underaged children alone in a room by themselves (assuming the rooms are not adjacent or connected).  

I would definitely call back and ask a different rep.  Worth a try, anyway.