Lobster night!!!!

Clay Purvis

Ok, I hear so much about Lobster night. I have never been on a cruise that had one.  My past cruises are all 3-4 nighters.  I have booked my first 7 night cruise on Majesty.  So will I finally get to experience the famous lobster night???? And I don't mean the one you have to pay for, I mean on the menu in the MDR. I'm a cheap bastard and want the best of the food I already paid for. 

9 hours ago, Clay Purvis said:

Ok, I hear so much about Lobster night. I have never been on a cruise that had one.  My past cruises are all 3-4 nighters.  I have booked my first 7 night cruise on Majesty.  So will I finally get to experience the famous lobster night???? And I don't mean the one you have to pay for, I mean on the menu in the MDR. I'm a cheap bastard and want the best of the food I already paid for. 

Yes, you should have lobster night on the last (2nd) "formal" evening of the cruise in the MDR (complimentary). It's usually the last sea day that is not the last evening of the cruise. You only pay extra for lobster if you order a whole Maine lobster (on any evening) which is $29.95 extra.

... and you can have as many as your heart desires... our group had 3-4 tails each and a friend of mine that sailed on Harmony told me someone next to him was on his 11th tail! Our waiter kept asking if we would like more and we had to cut HIM off! ?

It's not Maine lobster, but we thoroughly enjoyed it!

567237BF-CFE0-471D-AEE1-D53B18FA88AB.thumb.jpeg.dfef58dccb6f35a68a01579d5fc797ee.jpeg

Here is the menu for the 2nd formal evening (Allure, last May)... the menu tends to be consistent across the fleet especially if it's in the same region (eg. Caribbean vs. Mediterranean itinerary):

5ABD64D7-FF6E-40A1-A47A-2F9FD8ED18CA.thumb.jpeg.d2b435b596292f23a063da2c490ce931.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dan Curtis said:

... don't be shy to ask for a couple. Enjoy.

Only a couple?  I think I asked for a couple of couples.  My record is 8 tails.  The waiter stopped serving them one at a time with all the sides and fancy plating.  He just brought out 3-4 at a time. LOL

A3ED4A0C-2AC5-4E99-8103-9EF33D7446A3.thumb.jpeg.a342a2d3253d596147175410a2e9c9e3.jpeg

This is good information!  I might be a table of 1 since my wife, daughter, and mother-in-law are NOT seafood people at all.  In fact I just found out of Christmas that my MIL is allergic to shellfish.  She was carrying around shrimp for her son and his family and it was bothering her.  Mind blown she was doing that.  Had I know I would have taken care of the shrimp!  

9 hours ago, DublinFC said:

This is good information!  I might be a table of 1 since my wife, daughter, and mother-in-law are NOT seafood people at all.  In fact I just found out of Christmas that my MIL is allergic to shellfish.  She was carrying around shrimp for her son and his family and it was bothering her.  Mind blown she was doing that.  Had I know I would have taken care of the shrimp!  

Never fear, there's a regular menu that night too ?