STAR Class NOT Included

Big Cat

Getting ready for first Star Class cruise on 12/1 Oasis .. have traded some emails with Genie Joyce ... was informed that the new "Taste of Royal" lunch event is not included and is an upcharge for Star class and is a $60 fee per person .. is a 4 course lunch on select sea day of a 4 course meal of samples from RCCL specialty restaurants.... surprised but i guess RCCL is always trying to limit things and Star class is not included ...   Also cannot get confirmation that the additional special classes onboard (Sushi making, Salsa Class) would be included ... any thoughts ... still very excited to be going on first STAR cruise .... count down  

Is that $60 for the food....or for the booze?  I know with other things like "chef's table" there is a fee for star class for the booze.

Additionally.....you can eat in all the specialty for free....so why would you want to go a sample event designed to make you want to spend money to eat in the specialty ?

I've never even heard of Taste of Royal.  It must be something new.  Not surprised that this event is not included for SC. Often these “experiences” are not (e.g, I do not believe that the Bottomless Brunch is complimentary for SC).  As others have suggested, there will probably not be anything that they would offer you during this event that you could not get on your own without paying anything extra.

P.S.  Joyce is also our Genie for our upcoming 12-1 Oasis sailing.