Cruise ships banned from port

By reading the article, they seem to be doing all they can to stop ANYONE from visiting that city. I had heard about trying to ban the use of wheeled luggage a couple years ago for "noise complaints", (not sure if that ever actually gained any traction) but, I guess that was just the tip of the iceberg.

They are trying to slow down the complete toristification of Venice. The permanent population is declining as more people put their apartments and homes on AirBnB year round. Add to that more and more tours and cruises and you can see why they want to try the slow the hoards. Other attractions can limit numbers by increasing prices or limiting ticket sales but it is a lot harder to do for a whole city. 

Hmmm? Not good. Well I guess I have to wait and see. It's still a long way off, Oct 2020, so we'll see what happens. I don't know how the Italian government works, if it's anything like ours it could be a few months to years away.

I guess in the end it doesn't really affect anything except the trip to the cruise terminal will just be a little longer than before. Could be worse.