9/15/2019 RC Cruise Out of Galveston Sold Out

Braden

I was getting ready to book an inside cabin on Royal Carribbean's 9/15 7-Day cruise out of Galveston. I came back not 30 minutes later and now it's SOLD OUT. What are the chances more will come available again? I was paying $1200 for 2 people. Do you think the more expensive rooms will come down to that price? I have to figure out what to do. I can't afford the more expensive room.

Thanks,

A concerned traveler(Braden)

Keep on checking and monitoring it.  You may see the ocean view and insides drop in price if they aren't selling as the cruise date gets closer.  

It will be more rare that one of the sold out categories becomes available since that cruise is within the 90 day mark.  Anyone that cancels at this point has to pay a penalty equal to 25% of the cruise fair.  August 19 is the cut off to get any sort of a refund, so you have a month that some may pop up here and there.  Unfortunately since it's a sold out category that means demand may end up being higher and you won't find that $600 price you were looking for.

If you are flexible at all, it appears that the week immediately before (Sep 8-15) is running at 560/person base price for an interior.

Not that it will help you this time, but in the future I would suggest using a travel agent.  They can often place a courtesy hold on a room that you are looking at without any cost to you while you make a decision.  This would temporarily lock in the price you saw and pull the room from inventory.

AshleyDillo--thank you! How much does it normally cost to place a courtesy hold? And how do I find out if a travel agent has placed a "courtesy hold" for an Interior cabin on this date and vacationers chose not to pursue that opportunity?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Braden said:

AshleyDillo--thank you! How much does it normally cost to place a courtesy hold? And how do I find out if a travel agent has placed a "courtesy hold" for an Interior cabin on this date and vacationers chose not to pursue that opportunity?

Thanks!

It costs nothing to place a courtesy hold.  It basically just removes that room from the current inventory so no one can grab it while they are finishing up the reservation.  I'm not sure what the rules are for how long they can hold it.

There's not really an easy way to tell if a room has a hold on it or if the category is truly sold out, but typically if it says sold out on Royal's site then it is at that moment.  If it shows a particular category but when you click on it then it tells you that nothing is available or that you have to call, often that's a sign of a courtesy hold.  But you won't even get to that point if the category isn't available at all.

It costs nothing to use a travel agent and they are a good advocate for you when dealing with the cruiseline.  This site endorses MEI as they are a sponsor and I've had great experiences with them.  If you go to the main blog site at:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/  and fill out the yellow box on the right side of the screen requesting a quote an MEI agent will reach out to you and maybe can help find something that will work for your situation.  Again, zero cost or obligation other than your time!