Is Mead considered a wine?

Adpcruise1

Hello,

Forgive my ignorance , I only have had Mead a few times (homemade by friend) and I think it’s a “honey wine”, but since it also made with hops will Royal consider it beer?

I would like to bring a bottle from a store onboard as guests can bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin.  

Does anyone know if Royal would allow this ?

Thanks in advance!

On 3/28/2019 at 12:09 PM, Adpcruise1 said:

Yup.  Like I said I have only ever had home made and I certainly won't bring that on board!  We'll see what the "liquor store" sells (Yup I live in PA). 

If you are buying the wine in PA I’d recommend looking in the local section of your state store as I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some honey wines there. At least the ones near me have a section toward the front devoted to PA made wines and liquors. 

On 3/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, spiralqueen said:

If you are buying the wine in PA I’d recommend looking in the local section of your state store as I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some honey wines there. At least the ones near me have a section toward the front devoted to PA made wines and liquors. 

Thanks!

My general experience has been that if it looks like a wine bottle its good to go ... we have taken both mead and beer on board that was packaged in "wine style" bottles. Probably 3-4 times total, in all cases they didnt even question it. That doesnt meant hey wont take one look at your bottle and say no to it though.

On 4/2/2019 at 2:08 PM, jticarruthers said:

My general experience has been that if it looks like a wine bottle its good to go ... we have taken both mead and beer on board that was packaged in "wine style" bottles. Probably 3-4 times total, in all cases they didnt even question it. That doesnt meant hey wont take one look at your bottle and say no to it though.

On 4/2/2019 at 9:51 PM, rtread said:

Be sure and get the autumnal mead....it's said it is superior. :29_smirk:

Thanks all for the suggestions!