1 hour ago, Cruisemad888 said:

Thank you so much. This will calm down DH as I think he is still in shock that our bid was accepted 🤣

I think you will really love the Suites breakfast.  It will be served in either Chops or Giovanni's (it's usually Chops but some ships hold it in Giovanni's).  It's a nice, leisurely, quiet breakfast.  It might be the best perk of all for suites !

Just fyi, I called royal Caribbean and asked if it was worth submitting if the ship was sold out.  They said that they have a certain number of rooms set aside for royal up.  That is in addition to the 4 rooms they said we available at the time.  This was 3 weeks out from sail date.

If you pay for an upgrade (not through RoyalUp) then you would get double points for a JS. If you bid through RoyalUp the upgrade will not result in double points.

The difference between a balcony and a JS is primarily a larger room plus a real bath/shower. Some ships also have walk-in closets in JS. There are other less important differences but the space and the double points are the main upgrade.  If you are on an Oasis or Anthem Class ship then JS also have access to the Coastal Kitchen for dinner on a space available basis.